Marda | 21.03m | 6s | Strategic Group | NORR

Couldn't agree more, looking at the pics from Surreal the massing looks good and the windows are bigger than expected however my fingers are crossed the exterior materials are up to snuff. Seeing some of Strategic's recent projects i'd say the chances are 50/50, haha.
We might be pleasantly surprised. This building is supposed to target 'high-end' renters.

We're down to the crunch now. The light colored cladding will be going up soon, and it could be the make or break moment.

I'm pretty sure they'll be light gray/off white aluminum panels. Will they be flat white or glossy? That could make a difference. The wood paneling down below will be interesting to see also.

IMG_1772.JPG
IMG_1773.JPG
IMG_1774.JPG

That retail level looks good. Better than Verve for sure. Definitely an A+ project considering its suburban location and wood-framed construction.

I think the white is going to look good. One nice thing about whiter is it's a timeless look. This building is turning out better than I expected.

This one is turning into a beauty.

Nothing specific to write home about, but just does all the basics very right without standing out in any way. Perfect kind of mid-range block that should be emulated all over. I wouldn't even mind a few of these sized infill in tower-heavy areas in the city centre to break up the massing of forests of towers with something more ground-oriented.

If we end up with decent street trees and similar competent treatment to the pedestrian realm it's a great success all around.

Does anyone know what is going into the bottom of the building? It doesn't look like there are any actual partitions in the ground floor - just one big open space.

Party walls have not been built yet. Will be steel stud, fire rated drywall and probably safe’n’sound insulation between cru’s. Easier to get all base building mechanical completed before those are in.

The aluminum(?) paneling has started to go up.

I managed to snag some pics with my zoom lens camera, to try and get a good look. Looks like it might be easy trim with fiber cement panels. So far it looks good, but I think the color makes a big difference. They could have gone beige and brown and it would not look good.

Back