BLVD Beltline | 118.87m | 37s | ONE Properties | Arquitectonica

Filling a big gap. They still targeting a grocery store? Area def needs one, Sunterra doesn't really count. Can't wait to see CMLC's rivers district master plan too.

LRM_EXPORT_81532088420070_20181107_181155937.jpeg

Filling a big gap. They still targeting a grocery store? Area def needs one, Sunterra doesn't really count. Can't wait to see CMLC's rivers district master plan too.

There was a grocery store in the concept drawing for the third building (not in scope right now). However I really don't see that happening. The Sunterra would be right across the street from it and that new Superstore in East Village is about a 10 minute walk.
Cove Properties tried to attract a grocery store in Nuera and were not successful. The space sat empty for 8 years.

Sunterra sucks! Over rated food upstairs, and overpriced groceries downstairs.
Ha, I couldn't agree more! While Sunterra sells food, I do not believe that they fill the function of a grocer for the majority of people. A more accessible/affordable solution is needed in the area. Anthem's site in Erlton (further south) has a grocer in the podium but it sounds like that project is on indefinite hold.

If the 17th Select Project goes ahead in the near future then I don't expect a grocer happening either seeing that 17th Select will also host a grocery store less than 700m away from this site. I think this is a great opportunity to fill in another big box chain to complete the beltline/downtown core area. Something thats still missing in the core like a Bed Bath and Beyond or even a Golds Gym. But I've always heard a lot of people asking for a Costco, I doubt it would happen but that would be a massive win. Might even convince a lot of suburban folks to consider moving to the core.

walmart, eventually the population must be able to support it. btw crushed the canadian tire grand opening this morning!
How was it? I was there when they had the soft opening and it was pretty quiet, but they were still doing work out front. It was hard just finding your way into the store.

went early, parked underground. wasnt busy, expected more people to be there as we had flyers in the neighbourhood and were some pretty good deals.

i went during the first couple days of the soft opening and really didnt notice any difference other than more staff, more registers open etc. everyone friendly and helpful.

Sunterra sucks! Over rated food upstairs, and overpriced groceries downstairs.
I wouldn't say they suck, but yeah they are pricey. I've had good luck with some of the hot food they provide, so haven't had any complaints. Personally I like the Midtown COOP. It's that regular grocery store with lots of stock and they have a decent deli section. I suspect the Loblaws will be pretty good.

I think these types of retail stores take a while to get traction and maybe takes a while for the population in general to get used to knowing the store is there.I remember going in to the Best Buy on 17th a few times when it first opened and it was eerily quiet, and the last couple of times I went in it was quite busy.
went early, parked underground. wasnt busy, expected more people to be there as we had flyers in the neighbourhood and were some pretty good deals.
i went during the first couple days of the soft opening and really didnt notice any difference other than more staff, more registers open etc. everyone friendly and helpful.

Back