News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Inquiry: Old CBC property at 1724 Memorial Dr NW

Nostromos

Member Bio
Reaction score
So we have been looking at property in the area and I the last I heard was CBC was trying to sell the property but no takers as of yet. This is the latest news article I can find
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/cbc-calgary-building-sale-community-concerns-1.3852835

As far as I can tell there have been no re-zoning applications or development permits when I check the city website. However I spoke to some people in the neighbourhood and they seem to think some sort of 3 story development like The Henry further down mthe street at approx 3000 Parkdale Bv.

I could find anything to back this up, does anyone know anything more or could suggest where I might look?

Thanks so much.

I'd be really surprised to see something like The Henry go in there, I'd think you'd get something more like the Truman proposal for the Kensington Legion site.

Last title change on the CBC parcel was in 1960 when they bought it for $45,000.

As someone who lives in the area I think it is a mostly reasonable proposal. Personally I don't think having another laneway entrance/exit to 16th is appropriate at an already busy intersection (but the alternative is more traffic on Broadview). Also the density is a bit higher than allowed under the existing ARP and should be brought in line. My two cents.

As someone who lives in the area I think it is a mostly reasonable proposal. Personally I don't think having another laneway entrance/exit to 16th is appropriate at an already busy intersection (but the alternative is more traffic on Broadview). Also the density is a bit higher than allowed under the existing ARP and should be brought in line. My two cents.
Thanks for the input @Nostromos

There's some discussion on this project in this thread if you're interested.
https://calgary.skyrisecities.com/forum/threads/calgary-westmount-development-m-s-anthem.28671/

Back