News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

According to the Casadona Developments website, it's this.

Casadona-Render-Southeast-Perspective-690x388.jpeg

Casadona-Render-North-Laneway-690x388.jpeg

pretty typical looking suburban stuff.

GWL has bought a site at the corner of 8th Street and 13th Ave SW, preliminary plans for a 24 storey tower "as market conditions warrant", so who knows when that will be:
http://www.gwlrealtyadvisors.com/Portals/0/Funds/Great west Life/2018/GWL Fund Bulletin Q1 2018_ENG Final.pdf
Not sure which corner though.
I would guess its where Balo was (just closed recently, looks like they were evicted by the note on the door), NE corner of that intersection.

Looks really good. I am very impressed with Seton thus far. Very well done.

I think we discussed this before. Seton is a disappointment compared to the hype. It's just suburbia at higher densities.

Those are the correct renderings, yes.

It’s not typical suburban construction at all: all concrete and steel structure, high quality metal exterior finish, curtainwall system glazing, etc.

That matters more to resident. Same elongated scale, green buffer and, single usage from a pedestrian view.

Those are the correct renderings, yes.

It’s not typical suburban construction at all: all concrete and steel structure, high quality metal exterior finish, curtainwall system glazing, etc.
They must have some high price points if they are building a 6 storey building in concrete and steel. Wood would be quite a bit cheaper.

I think we discussed this before. Seton is a disappointment compared to the hype. It's just suburbia at higher densities.
If buildings include parkades in Seton, then there is room to add density down the road, so I would consider that a partial win. The problem with expecting a site like this to be proper urban, is that super cheap, typical suburban development is right there and that's the choice most consumers will make.

Yes, discussions often result in people maintaining their differing opinions :p An opinion that is correct from your perspective doesn't make it universal. haha

I only gave my two cents. Everyone having the same opinion makes for boring discussions. It's you that appears to be struggling with someone not accepting your opinion as universal.

If buildings include parkades in Seton, then there is room to add density down the road, so I would consider that a partial win. The problem with expecting a site like this to be proper urban, is that super cheap, typical suburban development is right there and that's the choice most consumers will make.

I don't really buy the consumer-driven theory behind subruban-style development. Yes, consumers probably want a single family home over an apartment. But all the other suburban features: wide streets, green buffers, single-use zoning, etc. are all forced on consumers by a combination of developers and government. My sense is that consumers generally prefer the urban form of early 20th-century streetcar suburb style neighbourhood with narrower streets and lots, densities in the range of 5000-10,000 people/km2, mixed uses, etc.

Back