News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Construction Updates

Interesting - the 'inquiries' guy, Ken Bautista, is also the founder of Startup Edmonton. He's done some absolutely fantastic work helping develop a space in Edmonton for startups, which makes me very excited for this.

Just to note that the parkade was designed by Kasian and 5468796 Architects from Winnipeg. 5468796 worked on the Crossroads garden shed near Fort Calgary and I just wanted to say how impressed I am by their work. Really stellar work from a Canadian firm and glad to see the CLMC engaging with architects that are a little more daring than the norm.
5468796 also designed Courtyard 33 in Marda loop which is a really nice design. I'm feeling optimistic about the look of it.

5468796 has just generally done a lot of really awesome stuff.

62M - Winnipeg - Complete

Hurme_62M_DSC_4734-B&W.jpg

Lake & East - Oakville - Pre-construction

01_lakeeast.jpg

Forks Craft Brewery - Winnipeg - Pre-construction

1.jpg

One Bucket at a Time - Mexico City - Complete

6-bucket.jpg

OMS Stage - Winnipeg - Complete

OMS_night_602.jpg

WRHA on Hargrave - Winnipeg - Complete

WRHA_JB_07_388.jpg

among maaaaaaany others

Yeah, they do some cool stuff for sure, it's great the city chose an architect that has shown to do some unique things. Designwise, I think it will be fine, maybe even very cool. I wonder about the whole feasibility of reusing it later.

I think the reusability aspect is pretty cool. Obviously they're not gonna throw all that extra money into its construction if they don't think it will be possible to convert someday. Either way, I think this is a pretty fantastically scaled and designed building to be the termination vista when looking north on 3rd Street SE. Bravo CMLC, another home run for the EV.

I think the reusability aspect is pretty cool. Obviously they're not gonna throw all that extra money into its construction if they don't think it will be possible to convert someday. Either way, I think this is a pretty fantastically scaled and designed building to be the termination vista when looking north on 3rd Street SE. Bravo CMLC, another home run for the EV.

It's a fantastic design and the innovation centre is a great addition as well. This is more than just a parking garage so the adaptive reuse is making more sense. The residential being proposed really threw me off.

and by north, I meant south.

I'd think it could be a great future site for Crossroads Market if the market ever gets kicked out of the current location for redevelopment.
Not a bad idea. I was thinking workshops and such, but a market might be better. If there's not much slope there may not even be any need to change the floor.

Looks like the CO-OP redevelopment in Oakridge is going back to the drawing board.
https://globalnews.ca/news/3981273/co-op-oakridge-redevelopment-goes-back-under-the-microscope/

The good news is that the Dalhousie proposal was approved. Spokesperson for Calgary Co-op said they want to get started on this early next year. The Mission project will start this year. Have not heard anything more about Winston Heights other than the community seems to be embracing it.

Not a bad idea. I was thinking workshops and such, but a market might be better. If there's not much slope there may not even be any need to change the floor.

Markets are okay. My preferences smaller scale shops. I love having a neighbourhood butcher, cheese shop, bakery and, fruits & vegetable market close to home. The East Village would be perfect for this. The grocer where you still will be doing the majority of your shopping is easier to walk to than to drive.

Are there any renderings floating around for the Mission project? (Macleod Trail and Mission Road right?) I haven't been able to find any online so far

There was one rendering a while ago. It's been called the Mission project, but it's more in Erlton (across from Heninger Toyota)

Back