Votes: 24 58.5%
  • So so

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
They're flying on this one now! I just hope that the people who bought into this building aren't like the crusty old whiners that bought into those townhomes beside Eau Claire and managed to get Brewsters shut down and were pressuring the city to close the pathways at night so they didn't have to hear people... lol

Wow, that happened? Holy hell. How does the city entertain such nonsense? I mean obviously they didn't shut the pathways, but how did they get Brewsters shut down?

Restaurant gear auction highlights Eau Claire woes
07 Mar 2007
It's a scene we've become familiar with over the decades of Calgary's boom-bust cycle: restaurants falling on hard times, closing shop and selling off everything from bar stools to walk-in coolers.

At least, that's what looks to be happening down at Eau Claire Market this morning, as Reid's Auction Canada sells off the contents of two popular neighbourhood dining spots, Brewsters Brewing Company and Cajun Charlies.

"We saw the redevelopment plans and decided we didn't want to be there," says Don McDonald, Alberta operations manager for Brewsters Brewing Company. "People were going to have to walk through a whole mess of construction."

That, and not a lack of business, says McDonald, is the reason Brewsters decided to pull up stakes last August after six years in Eau Claire.

"I think the area has a great future ahead of it, but it's going to be a long period of growing pains," he says. "We just decided it was going to be too long of a wait."

Oh okay, thanks for clarifying Darwink! :D

I haven't seen that article before, I remember one someone posted on SSP way back that had complaining neighbours in the townhouse complex as the reason for closing. Much happier it's the owners that decided to jump ship, not NIMBYs using influence to get it shut down.

Two pictures taken yesterday:

35451866483_69c007e9f3_b.jpg

35451866893_d6ab3f3c06_b.jpg

Also from yesterday....I hate the 3MB posting limit...some of my picture from my phone are bigger than that.

We've now changed the limit to 8MB. The forum will automatically resize photos to ensure we don't lose out on speed. Let me know about any issues. @dazzlingdave88

Thanks ES! :)

I didn't really realize how far Concord had come until I saw it clearly from the train going over the Bow this morning. They're really moving now it seems.

Back