News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Reclads

The Familia

Member Bio
Reaction score
Thought there could be a thread for any current, future, or potential reclads of older buildings. As of now I am not aware of any in progress or coming up. There were rumours of recladding the two buildings beside Telus Sky but that doesn't appear to be happening. I would really like the Scotia Tower to be reclad. They are recladding the Scotia building in Edmonton and I think ours needs it just as bad.

I think the Grosvenor project on 17th ave and 4th street starts with a reclad of the existing office building. I think that one will look really good when it's done.

image51cc-jpg.99116

I snagged this from @Surrealplaces' post in the building thread.

Last edited:
Speaking of re-clads, I walked by this today. Anything would be an improvement over what this building looks like now View attachment 117893View attachment 117894
That unfortunately isn't a reclad I think. It just seems to be permanent scaffolding. I've been walking past it every day for months... and don't notice anything going on. I do agree that it really needs a reclad though!

That unfortunately isn't a reclad I think. It just seems to be permanent scaffolding. I've been walking past it every day for months... and don't notice anything going on. I do agree that it really needs a reclad though!

The scaffolding is permanent alright. However, they have obviously removed the siding on the north face as you can see the membrane. They yellow was definitely not there before either..

Are the gray sections aluminium or cement? I can't remember. I think gray metallic panels might look kind of cool if they went that route.

Reactions: AJX
This building needs more love than it's getting. I don't know if we can call this a reclad. They are just covering up the concrete ( or whatever material the green is)

The Grosvenor proposal is a breath of fresh air when it comes to reclads across our nation.

Last edited:
^ No renders yet. Still some decisions to come on sustainability features that may change the building's footprint and look (double facade, integrated solar PV, etc.)

That's really exciting to hear. I'll be able to update the reclad of MacKimmie Tower as it progresses, as I'll be at the U of C pretty much every day for... oh, the next 3 years? :p Plus I live just across Crowchild.

Reactions: AJX

Back