News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Not a proposal just an observation… Meredith Road has so much potential to be an interesting spot… like look at this!? A brewery and a couple of restaurants. Big patio out back fronting Meredith from that big old building along Edm. Ugh!

914FDC7B-7002-47A7-876D-2D8F9D8A080A.jpeg
ED728181-5DD4-46CC-B6FB-ED49F14A8631.jpeg

Not a proposal just an observation… Meredith Road has so much potential to be an interesting spot… like look at this!? A brewery and a couple of restaurants. Big patio out back fronting Meredith from that big old building along Edm. Ugh!
I agree with you UrbanWarrior, this would be a great little street if a developer would show those buildings some love. I doubt they have any heritage status, but they are still very cool looking buildings with character.

View attachment 472200View attachment 472201
Can’t beat the location. It would great to see some love given to the buildings, especially the brick 3 storey.

The City's Housing and Affordability Task Force released their report today. The recommendations go to Council in June. If Council actually accepts their recommendations and then approves the by-law amendments, there could be some big changes coming to Calgary zoning. I'm expecting this to be a big fight but hopefully Council does the right thing and accepts the recommendations.

Screenshot_20230504_220007_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I fear the change will energize the neighbourhood level anti redevelopment forces into a city wide force that we can’t contain.

A Houston solution which contains the fallout I’m 100% behind: petitions which can lock in current rules for 20-40 years with 50% neighbourhood approval in a vote. The price the collective pays in not having 10% of land subject to reform is worth getting the reform everywhere else.

Brava is no longer in business, or at least dramatically scaled back. That site was sold to Rarebuilt homes, who are planning townhomes there. The DP has been submitted. I posted a rendering in the Springbank Hill thread, you can see it on Rarebuilt Homes website.

Back