News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

^^^If that trend can keep up for the next 10 years Calgary will look and feel much different.
It'll matter at least as much where those units end up being located as the breakdown of type. 1,500 apartments a year - but if 1,000+ are on the deep fringes, locked away from transit, active transportation or walkable corridors it's a lot of potential left idle.

7300 rental units under construction. I'm dying🤤🤤🤤 Probably 5500 of those in the core areas (Downtown, Beltline, Mission, Bridgeland, Inglewood, Kensington, Sunalta).

Someone was putting up drywall in that old shoppers in the Safeway Parking lot at Elbow and 4th, its a shame its been empty for so long.

Last edited:
Im holding out hope that when and if Covid goes away sooner or later things will fill up again. Also hoping that this could be the opportunity we need to diversify Downtown and th economy in Calgary a bit. Im optimistic and excited about what could be here in the city

Does anyone know the status of this project? My wife says there's a new farmers market in Greenwich, I'm guessing it's this one?
Well, the Farmers Market will be in Greenwich, but the are still building it. I am not sure what stage construction is at, but definitely not much of a structure based on the last time I drove by on the trans canada (few weeks ago now).

Took a stroll by Flyover Park tonight. Apologies for the crappy cell phone pics but I was pleasantly surprised to see how large the site actually is and how elaborate the play equipment is going to be. I think this will become a unique hidden gem in Calgary.

IMG_20200922_2119355.jpg

IMG_20200922_2119596.jpg

That's awesome. Yay for community building!

Back