News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

With the original fountain it had, and the way the grounds were beautifully kept at first, this thing could be restored to a really beautiful public space on the exterior, and a cool institutional space inside.
401313.jpg

Wow, that block looks amazing. I think it does better surrounded by low rise, it's definitely lost something being in the sea of towers now.

60933f6e-3dd0-4313-83eb-af994d90a657_text.gif

That is the money shot. Imagine that in summer. *drools*

I hope not! I wish the province or someone else would convert it into a post-secondary institution.
Been fenced off for about 3 years now and I assume that no maintenance has been done is a very long time, so that building is literally rotting right now. I wouldn't expect the city or province to give any money to this building and I doubt anyone really wants to spend their own money to save it.

The DP for the old Sunnyside Greenhouse site in Bowness has been submitted:

More info on the development here:

There is a DP in for an intensification of an existing site in Lower Mount Royal, looks to be tearing down an old apartment building for a new 54 unit one. 829 Royal Ave SW:

This project is being done by Western Securities, here is a bit of info on their website:
1583856606262.png

Can't imagine this one won't be appealed.....

Looks good. My first thought was, please tell me this isn';t another one of Arlington's concept renderings, and then I saw the reference to Western Securities, which means it might get built someday.

The DP for the old Sunnyside Greenhouse site in Bowness has been submitted:

More info on the development here:
Also a little disappointed in this, don't love the massive surface parking lot. Could have been a cool development, still better than nothing though.

Good idea, too many sketchy people hang around there. That should be one of the great civic spaces in Calgary, but instead it's basically an open air drug market...

Back