News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Does anyone know whats going on with the Victoria park master plan?. Last year they intended to release it in Jan. The latest CBC article in the last week of Jan. suggested in a couple weeks. Any info when its coming out?

CMLC will be presenting the latest draft of the master plan to the Vic Park landowners on April 4. I suspect the plan will be formally released to the public this summer.

CMLC will be presenting the latest draft of the master plan to the Vic Park landowners on April 4. I suspect the plan will be formally released to the public this summer.
Looking forward to it. I wonder if a new arena is set aside in the plan?

Global News had a story tonight about The Old Spaghetti Factory shutting down in Eau Claire. They said it was because the land was getting redeveloped. Is the second part of City Centre going forward. I believe it was the Fairmont Hotel

Dale Calkins, one of Druh's staff indicates their DP is still active:

They do have an approved Development Permit for phase 2. Cadillac Fairview also pretty bullish on the office market.

That was from twitter yesterday evening, interesting about the comment on CF being bullish on the office market.

I'd take the bullish comment with a grain of salt. She's just a city councilor.

Global News had a story tonight about The Old Spaghetti Factory shutting down in Eau Claire. They said it was because the land was getting redeveloped. Is the second part of City Centre going forward. I believe it was the Fairmont Hotel

I remember that Ph 2 was originally to be a combined hotel/residential condominium. Hard to believe they would be thinking about another office tower ... even projecting demand 3 years out.

The vacancy rate is too high to even consider office. High end residential isn't hot either. The site will be redevelop. It could be 3 or 5 or 10 years from now. There are many reasons why the restaurant would close down without this being a sign of pending construction. The rumours over the years have this one built several times over. I'm going to sit back and wait for something more concrete.

The vacancy rate is too high to even consider office. High end residential isn't hot either. The site will be redevelop. It could be 3 or 5 or 10 years from now. There are many reasons why the restaurant would close down without this being a sign of pending construction. The rumours over the years have this one built several times over. I'm going to sit back and wait for something more concrete.

It's true, there are so many projects with active DPs that you would think it's the peak of 50,000 a year growth boom times

Back