News   Apr 03, 2020
 5.4K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 4.3K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

This is embarrassing, but I had no idea there was a bridge between Lindsay Park and St. Mary's cathedral.
Really? It's the old railway bridge and still has tracks on it. The old train station is the ballet I think, and the old house there was recently renovated but I have no idea what's in it.

If I have been on it, I clearly have no recollection. The part of Mission is one area that I haven't really covered as much as I'd like. But either way, looks like a cool spot that I need to check out.

It was announced but was awaiting funding. Now it is a go
Good to see this finally start construction. This was primarily to make up for the closure of the Beltline and Inglewood pools. Downtown is definitely in need of some public recreation investments after the closure of the pools and the YMCA.

the YMCA in Eau Claire is being renovated to and will be open as Eau Claire athletic club. But its membership is expensive.
We’re pretty much all aware of the restructuring of it. It is just another example of the rich getting richer, elitist garbage. So it may as well be closed,

They've had a physical model of this expansion set up in the interior of MNP on the north side for a little while now, been wondering when funding would be fully secured.

Great news overall.

Loss of public pools is too bad though. The Inglewood pool was convenient but very bare bones.

This project at 37th Street and 32nd Ave and is now starting construction.

37th is closed right now, with a hydrovac on site.

1726258678130.png

IMG_2372 - Crop.JPG
IMG_2373 - Crop.JPG

These things are going in everywhere, guess they're easier to develop and maybe more preferred than apartments?
1726260577270.png

The bike storage is so funny to me. Won't most people just store their bikes in their unit?

Edit: I missed the bike storage in-between the two back buildings. It seemed weird to me to construct bike storage for 6 bikes.
1726260582684.png

Last edited:
The bike storage is so funny to me. Won't most people just store their bikes in their unit?
Might not be so useful in this situation, but I would love if more towers had bike parking. When I visit my brother's place, or my office (when I actually go in...), I have to shlep my bike on the elevator. Both places are in Beltline and as much as I love that neighbourhood, I'm not locking up my bike outside for hours at a time there.

The bike storage is nice, if you're using your bike regularly, like for commuting, hauling it in and out of your unit is a pain in the ass.

Also probably encourages people to use their bike more as its easily accessible. Convenience drives a lot of decision maki ng

Might not be so useful in this situation, but I would love if more towers had bike parking. When I visit my brother's place, or my office (when I actually go in...), I have to shlep my bike on the elevator. Both places are in Beltline and as much as I love that neighbourhood, I'm not locking up my bike outside for hours at a time there.
Perhaps I am reading this wrong, but is that bicycle storage indoors like a common parking?

The bike storage is nice, if you're using your bike regularly, like for commuting, hauling it in and out of your unit is a pain in the ass.

Also probably encourages people to use their bike more as its easily accessible. Convenience drives a lot of decision making
Totally agree with this. The bike parking is on that central courtyard space that has quick access to a side street. That's super convenient by our typical buildings standards and avoids lifting up any steps. There's always the risk of theft for these common bicycle parking areas, but meh... convenience is king.

Last edited:

Back