News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.9K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Not sure if Arlington Street's "High Street" latest render has been posted on this forum yet?

High-Street-NEW-2023-1-scaled.jpg

Wow - Arlington Street doesn't even own half of this site. The BMO building is owned by Atlas. What the hell are they thinking advertising that they own something that belongs to another developer. This is scummy, even for ASI.

Wow - Arlington Street doesn't even own half of this site. The BMO building is owned by Atlas. What the hell are they thinking advertising that they own something that belongs to another developer. This is scummy, even for ASI.
Not the first time they have done this. There is no applications. This is just a rendering on a website, nothing more at this stage.

My wish would be that I’d open this site and read that one or two big projects (hi rises downtown/beltline) are breaking ground. To me it’s incredible with all that has been proposed in the past year or two and nothing has gotten to the stage of shovels in the ground. Just some Tuesday day dreaming 💭

My wish would be that I’d open this site and read that one or two big projects (hi rises downtown/beltline) are breaking ground. To me it’s incredible with all that has been proposed in the past year or two and nothing has gotten to the stage of shovels in the ground. Just some Tuesday day dreaming 💭
Yup that would be nice. I was holding out hope for a while late last year when a couple new proposals popped up, but the only new highrise I can think of that has started somewhat recently is the new hotel going up downtown - and even that's only 17 floors.

Unfortunately, I wager the next big tower to start will be the 3rd West Village Tower, rather than something that will actually positively impact the skyline.

Imperia? That would be a good one to see get underway. But I don't believe they even have an approved DP yet (correct me if I'm wrong).

DiscoStu: I'm betting 10 years til we see conditions for a new office tower to start. And that's being a little bullish...

Imperia? That would be a good one to see get underway. But I don't believe they even have an approved DP yet (correct me if I'm wrong).

DiscoStu: I'm betting 10 years til we see conditions for a new office tower to start. And that's being a little bullish...
DP approval should come any day now. BP 1-2 months after.

If oil and gas prices moon this cycle (likely), we will see more than one announcement before the end of the decade.

Back