News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Also, there is this little tidbit from the October issue of the Inglewood Community Association newsletter:

Blackfoot Truckstop – Proposed
Development

A brief discussion was held between a prospective appli-
cant concerning a mixed-use development for the Blackfoot

Truckstop site (which includes three separate land parcels)
which would include residential apartments, office space,
and ground floor commercial/retail.
The applicant is currently planning for a six (6) storey
building and the residential units would be mid-range
priced rental units. Stay tuned!

See page 4.

Looks like Eagle Crest has been busy. I was just snooping around on their website and it looks like have quite a few mixed use developments in the works.

This one really stood out.

Its directly adjacent to their 19+2 development in hillhurst

Ouuu, these are cuuuute! MOAR!

9c7577_fc4ca5bee7dc44f285917a1829a719d4~mv2.webp

9c7577_2fd936f7a08047c9aedb8be3aeee209c~mv2.webp

I agree, praise block would be great for the area. Theres a lot of modern/ultra-modern buildings and houses going up in the area so this would fit right in. I especially like the large tall windows at street level.
Prairie Block is a nice little proposal. It'd be nice to see a collection of small individual buildings similar to Prairie Block go up on some other blocks along 33rd

New signage on site with a new rendering. I prefer the original rendering but would be happy to see this move forward. Signage on site references fall 2021. I assume that’s construction start date...

Attachments

• C647E17F-2012-44A6-A14D-61D670E0BA35.jpeg
    C647E17F-2012-44A6-A14D-61D670E0BA35.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 113
Ground level of the new design is better, overall design is marginally worse but not all that different. Overall it's a good change. Hope it goes ahead.

The land use amendment for the Red's Diner site in the Beltline goes to CPC this week. This is a just a bit of an adjustment to the zoning, to allow a bit more FAR, a greater floor plate for a tower, and better formalizing affordable housing as a density bonus component by my quick read. The report is here:

As this is just land use, there is no DP submitted. However, there is an image in the applicant outreach summary, found here:
Keep in mind, this image is likely just a place holder, and until a DP is submitted, it may not be representative of what gets built here.
1607975375462.png

Bummer about the neat little apartment block going away, but it appears they are keeping Red's.
The land use amendment for the Red's Diner site in the Beltline goes to CPC this week. This is a just a bit of an adjustment to the zoning, to allow a bit more FAR, a greater floor plate for a tower, and better formalizing affordable housing as a density bonus component by my quick read. The report is here:

As this is just land use, there is no DP submitted. However, there is an image in the applicant outreach summary, found here:
Keep in mind, this image is likely just a place holder, and until a DP is submitted, it may not be representative of what gets built here.
View attachment 288846

Back