The Hub | ?m | 28s | Campus Suites | ARK Inc.

General Rating for this project

• Great

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Very Good

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Good

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • So So

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Terrible

Votes: 12 19.0%

• Total voters
On a side note, I looked up Campus Suites and see that they have other properties across NA, but this would be their biggest one yet.

On a side note, I looked up Campus Suites and see that they have other properties across NA, but this would be their biggest one yet.
And because they are geared toward student rentals, I 'm thinking good chance this will get built. This could be the beginning of long overdue change for that area.

The Quad development at York University is quite big.

When will the renders be released?
Might be a while as it has to go through its process. I've seen the rendering and it's pretty basic design, it looks much like the Hat (see below), but with no balconies. Instead of spandrel they are using aluminium panelling, which could turn out nicely.

Image3.jpg

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 899
Yeah, it's funny, the news article makes it look like there is lots of opposition towards it, but the community development committee is actually in support of it. I guess it goes to CPC pretty soon....I think next meeting.

I've seen the render, but was not fortunate enough to get any 'stuff' :(

I'm hoping to have one soon though. for now....well, it's basically the Hat without balconies.

Hahaha, you're still the man SP. :cool: The day I get a scoop of any kind, you'll be able to stick a pitch fork into a low flying flock of pigs for free bacon.

Sounds basically like a glass box. Which might sound depressing if Motel Village wasn't already super depressing. A glass box would probably be good for the area. Certainly better that scuzzy pink motel.

Yeah, it's funny, the news article makes it look like there is lots of opposition towards it, but the community development committee is actually in support of it. I guess it goes to CPC pretty soon....I think next meeting.
Not the May 4 CPC by the looks of it. Agenda is out, I will post my regular summary in the main construction thread in a minute....

This project flew under my radar until I saw it now. My dream for "motel village" is for the centre laneway to be converted into a real street, with all new development fronting the centre rather than fronting the Crowchild or the LRT tracks. It doesn't really make sense to call this place a "village" if the buildings are basically turned away each other.

Back