News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Roads, Highways & Infrastructure

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really starting to get tired of the unfinished left lane on Stoney Tr/Hwy 8 under 69th Street. Never ceases to amaze me how they can consider a road fully opened and then leave it 6+ months before they finish a detail like this, if ever.
That drives me nuts, "oh the lanes disappearing, wait there's the lane". Finishing a project, what a concept.

Online feedback is open for Sarcee/Bow.

https://engage.calgary.ca/SarceeBowStudy

I only drive it on the fringe of rush hours, but it seems...totally fine now to me? I can't even remember the last time I had a multi-light wait there, so if you have an extra light cycle at the peak of rush hour that seems pretty much right-sized to me.

IMO they should drop the speed limit on Sarcee and add some ped crossings ~800 meters on either side of Bow. It would still be a very effective arterial for locals, but others can stick to the giant freeways.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really starting to get tired of the unfinished left lane on Stoney Tr/Hwy 8 under 69th Street. Never ceases to amaze me how they can consider a road fully opened and then leave it 6+ months before they finish a detail like this, if ever.
It’s been winter since it opened. Give them some time to finish it in the spring/summer

Online feedback is open for Sarcee/Bow.

https://engage.calgary.ca/SarceeBowStudy

I only drive it on the fringe of rush hours, but it seems...totally fine now to me? I can't even remember the last time I had a multi-light wait there, so if you have an extra light cycle at the peak of rush hour that seems pretty much right-sized to me.

IMO they should drop the speed limit on Sarcee and add some ped crossings ~800 meters on either side of Bow. It would still be a very effective arterial for locals, but others can stick to the giant freeways.
It is the worst performing intersection in the city. This isn't my opinion, this is backed by data. I am not sure if things have improved since the west ring road has opened up (I know I no longer use Bow/Sarcee because of it).

It is the worst performing intersection in the city. This isn't my opinion, this is backed by data. I am not sure if things have improved since the west ring road has opened up (I know I no longer use Bow/Sarcee because of it).

It has definitely improved significantly...I often walk the Sarcee pathway at rush hour and I can't remember seeing it lined up at all since WRR opened. I'd imagine WB Bow maybe still backs up a bit at rush hour, and maybe the EB-NB movement sometimes (though I kinda doubt it).

IMO it could simply be tweaked to prioritize Bow over Sarcee and we'd be all set

Memorial Drive extension is in Phase 3 engagement with a preferred design:

This kinda blew me away. Is there a nicer arterial road in the whole city?

1713861978367.png
1713861990698.png
1713861998431.png

Memorial Drive extension is in Phase 3 engagement with a preferred design:

This kinda blew me away. Is there a nicer arterial road in the whole city?

View attachment 558514View attachment 558515View attachment 558516
How did they convince the engineers they didn't need high-speed slip lanes for all turns at major intersections?

Interesting that they are just doing the study, stripping and grading of Huxley and Belvedere is underway now, would expect Memorial to be a major part of the initial construction of that area.

So no connection to/from Stoney Trail with the Memorial Drive extension? Is this intentional or a missed opportunity?

Back