News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Roads, Highways & Infrastructure

It’s the Bow River Bridge project on Stoney Trail just south of Fish Creek Park - formerly known as 22X. And the bridge project that is seemingly taking longer than building the entire West Calgary Ring Road.

Are these magical roads unbound by the confines of space and matter?
No but 14 St has never been as bad as it used to be since TTN Tr opened. There are only so many people to feed into the induced demand.

I don't see how induced demand will apply until there is significant redevelopment in the area which would take years and much population growth

The deep SW is a different story though, it only had McLeod Tr and 14st as access points for communities south of Fish Creek. The east section of the ring road dropped traffic on Deerfoot for about 3 months, then it was the same as before. I see the same happening with Sarcee.

The only habit change that I foresee is perhaps people whom went along memorial to Crowchild to access communities between Crowchild and Sarcee may feel like they can use Sarcee instead. IMO there will not be a lot of people who make that change.

This will definitely speed up trips from Glenmore to Winsport, for example. Or, really, anywhere in the south half of the city to Winsport.

Back