News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Roads, Highways & Infrastructure

I hope they plant lots of trees on the cut banks for Stoney south of 16th. It was all nice forest until the road went in.
Not just there but along other arteries as well. Especially on arteries in the eastern portion of the city, as coming into Calgary from Edmonton or the airport is not a pretty sight.

We had friends arrive from England this summer, and when coming into the city from the airport, they asked if anyone had considered the idea of planting a tree in Calgary, and whether trees were even able to grow here. :confused: A few trips around the city changed that, but still, when coming in the from the airport, the city is butt ugly.

Not just there but along other arteries as well. Especially on arteries in the eastern portion of the city, as coming into Calgary from Edmonton or the airport is not a pretty sight.

We had friends arrive from England this summer, and when coming into the city from the airport, they asked if anyone had considered the idea of planting a tree in Calgary, and whether trees were even able to grow here. :confused: A few trips around the city changed that, but still, when coming in the from the airport, the city is butt ugly.
Whenever i pick up visitors from the airport i always take memorial into the city as it showcases some of the best parts of calgary

Whenever i pick up visitors from the airport i always take memorial into the city as it showcases some of the best parts of calgary
I might have to take the ring road in and come in from the SW :)

I often do Memorial as well, but no way to get away from the ugliness of Deerfoot or Barlow/Metis Tr.

I hope they plant lots of trees on the cut banks for Stoney south of 16th. It was all nice forest until the road went in.
Maybe just perception and not reality but the city actually seems to landscape their infrastructure, the province does not. I assume its because the city has people to care for its landscaping the province doesn't.

Deerfoot improvement announcement

The Deerfoot Trail expansion project will include:
  • Improving the Bow Bottom Trail and Anderson Road, Southland Drive and Glenmore Trail interchanges.
  • Seven new bridge structures at Anderson Road and Bow Bottom Trail, Bow River, Southland Drive and Glenmore Trail.
  • Adding more lanes to Deerfoot Trail along the highway and through the Anderson Road/Bow Bottom Trails and Glenmore Trail Interchanges.
Alberta Transportation and Economic Corridors has amended its existing public-private partnership procurement process to address critical improvements for this expansion. The process will continue with pre-qualified teams with the intention that the successful proponent will be selected and the contract will be awarded in spring 2023.

Construction is expected to begin in 2023 and be completed in 2027.I'm a bit skeptical about how Deerfoot and Glenmore will be addressed, feels like a short lead-time to address this properly. I know this has been contemplated for a long, long time.
I really hope they don't cut corners. We should expect a great solution to this - it will stick around for a long, long time.

Deerfoot improvement announcement

The Deerfoot Trail expansion project will include:
  • Improving the Bow Bottom Trail and Anderson Road, Southland Drive and Glenmore Trail interchanges.
  • Seven new bridge structures at Anderson Road and Bow Bottom Trail, Bow River, Southland Drive and Glenmore Trail.
  • Adding more lanes to Deerfoot Trail along the highway and through the Anderson Road/Bow Bottom Trails and Glenmore Trail Interchanges.
Alberta Transportation and Economic Corridors has amended its existing public-private partnership procurement process to address critical improvements for this expansion. The process will continue with pre-qualified teams with the intention that the successful proponent will be selected and the contract will be awarded in spring 2023.

Construction is expected to begin in 2023 and be completed in 2027.I'm a bit skeptical about how Deerfoot and Glenmore will be addressed, feels like a short lead-time to address this properly. I know this has been contemplated for a long, long time.
I really hope they don't cut corners. We should expect a great solution to this - it will stick around for a long, long time.
Is this, this: https://www.deerfootimprovements.ca/improvement-areas/

Back