News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Roads, Highways & Infrastructure

I know through traffic is often frowned upon, but does anyone else find this design as weird as I do? Especially around 178 Ave SE.

88-St-SE-design-image-full-2048px.jpg

I'd guess it's a cost thing, wouldnt be a huge demand that way. Most commuters can still go to 52nd street to get onto Stoney/Deerfoot.

So if 196 AV isn't gonna be built till later, what's the point of this project happening now, if there's no connection at 178 AV?

A few Ring Road updates from December

99CA627E-8266-43CD-8A3B-256918946C33-1024x768.jpeg
A6091B5F-831F-4960-8CDE-AE7F1A926DD5-1024x768.jpeg

Bow River Bridge construction
2019_11_15-19_35_04_MV_UXHOSYFOHIIG-scaled.jpg
2019_11_18-19_19_50_MV_MIBKTZTFEMOW-scaled.jpg

We were driving NE/SE Stoney last night and I noticed how bright everything was. All the street lights are very bright white LED’s. They aren’t the orange dim ones the rest of the city are. Is there a reason for that? It was quite a pleasure to drive I must say

We were driving NE/SE Stoney last night and I noticed how bright everything was. All the street lights are very bright white LED’s. They aren’t the orange dim ones the rest of the city are. Is there a reason for that? It was quite a pleasure to drive I must say

Likely just newer infrastructure, over time they will probably all get changed I would think?

The older amber lights were incandescent and the new white ones are LED. There's no point in making LED's as amber lighting because it's the same amount of electricity either way, so they always go with the bright white.

The older amber lights were incandescent and the new white ones are LED. There's no point in making LED's as amber lighting because it's the same amount of electricity either way, so they always go with the bright white.
I drive Calgary as part of my job and every street light (especially City owned roads) are all the barely bright enough to help LED lights. NW Stoney trail has the same “dull” ones too. The lights on the east legs of Stoney are so much brighter I tried finding something online about it but I couldn’t.

I drive Calgary as part of my job and every street light (especially City owned roads) are all the barely bright enough to help LED lights. NW Stoney trail has the same “dull” ones too. The lights on the east legs of Stoney are so much brighter I tried finding something online about it but I couldn’t.

An astronaut on board ISS posted a picture recently, you might be on to something. Lol.

Back