News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Office space development

I have a friend who is looking to sublet some office space in the beltline. Are there any websites where you would post a listing? Kind of like a rent faster for office. Thanks

Hi Group,
Space for Lease? The was an Item in Thursday's Herald - David Parker's Coloumn Page A14 - Last Page About a Company on the Belt Line that is Doing OK Leasing Space etc on the Belt Line. CHECK IT OUT! No Promises but Its Worth a Try, OK.
Tnx,
Operater,

Global News is reporting that office vacancy has decreased for the first time since the present downturn began according to CBRE's latest quarterly statistics. Vacancy apparently decreased from 27.7% to 27.4%. A meagre drop indeed, but at very least a movement in the correct direction. I wonder how the underlying

Anyway, one hopes that a corner has been turned, but one data point doesn't make a trend.

Also matters if the drop in vacancy was a result of real positive absorption or some space being pulled off the market.

If the vacancy rate has dropped a little. Does that mean with Brookfield, 705 5th and other building coming on line recently that the absorption has actually increased. With all that extra square footage you think the vacancy rate would be sky rocketing

Also matters if the drop in vacancy was a result of real positive absorption or some space being pulled off the market.
It's more to do with absorption. Some space may be taken off the market, I'm not seeing much of that, what there is, won't be very much. I know that empty space is still coming back onto the market regularly as leases come up. This is happening more often than space being taken off the market.

Hi Group,
I Read the Topic and found It Interesting, I come away with te Feelings Other Dvlprs are Watching to See who will B First to Go with a Project of Any Type, We Need to Move Beyond Oil.Gas
and Get the High Tech Companies and Others to Locate in the Downtown Core, Won't Happen if We don't Make the Efforts.More then a Space for Lease Sign Out Side a Bldg. B Nice if We Could CHANGE Provincial Gvmnts as Well.
Tnx,
Operater,

Last edited:
Small businesses snap up downtown Calgary offices

https://renx.ca/small-business-leasing-downtown-calgary-office-space/

Calgary_CampbellOHara300.jpg

Lawyers Louise Campbell and Timothy O’Hara took advantage of Calgary’s downtown office glut to move their firm into the core.
It’s a trend other small and medium-sized businesses are also following. (Mario Toneguzzi photo)

Hi Group,
There was Some Topics in the Wkd Edition (Dec 9th) of the Calgary Sun's Home Magazine on Calgary's Economic and Apt/Condos etc. Both POSITIVE in Terms of
How the Economy is Going and where its Headed for, That "Next Home Magazine" also had some Positive Comments as Well (Dec 9th to Jan 9th) Does Make for
Interesting Information.

Tnx,
Operater.

Another diversified use of office space for DT Calgary.

OLA Studio of Architecture and Design submitted a DP to re-purpose some office space at a 6th ave office building to use as an instructional facility (150 students).

Image4.jpg

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 619
Last edited:
Hi Group,
I used to Know a Few Small Companies that were in this Bldg. Not sure if Its Still Occupied or Empty. B Interesting to find out.

Tnx,
Operater.

Back