News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Merge general urban development thread and construction thread?

Merge general construction thread and urban development thread?

• Yes

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
I vote no.

One is for construction, the other is for urban planning/design.

I vote keep them separate, most of the projects out here in Airdrie belong in general construction thread. I do t want to clutter the urban thread with that.

Perhaps guidelines on what goes in which thread? For instance, if there is a new rendering of a proposed tower, does that go in urban development or construction? Is construction solely for photo updates of construction?

I think for now, we'll keep them separate, and try out @MichaelS suggestion. Construction will be only for construction updates, of something that already under construction, or could include soil sample drilling, construction fencing, public notices etc.. Any kind of construction. The urban development thread can be most other discussion such as pedestrian realms, proposals, neighborhood discussion, population stuff, etc...

For the next while, I move any posts in the construction thread relating to urban development/proposals to the urban development thread. Eventually that thread will probably be the main discussion thread.

I like the two threads. The urban development for general discussion and the catch all, and the construction thread for construction only.

Back