News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

Not sure where to post general photos so I’ll post here - mine from right now:
05B9B434-0AAE-4CF3-9EA7-DEAFA63FADAF.jpeg
16592104-809A-459A-9986-36D52A77ED52.jpeg

I forgot to post this the other day. Something in the works at 12th ave and Edmonton Trail.
Unfortunately it appears that it may sit idle for a while. There a DP from 2021 for use to change to a Veterinarian clinic, but no building plans, just a change of use. It might be a demolition only.

Looked like excavation may have begun on this market street project in Seton when I drove by today. Took an extra decade but finally seeing something going up across from the hospital. Community Natural Foods is also listed on the Seton website as the main retail anchor tenant. I'll take that as a win! It's an underserved market in the SE.

50263-150894.jpg

50263-150891.jpg

Confirmed today driving by that major excavation is underway for this site. With Community now a major anchor tenant it seems like they are finally putting the pedal to the metal. Between this and all of the other condos, as well as the Long and McQuade and the next phase of the shopping district being built in Seton there is a ton of construction going on right now in the area. Will be nice when Brookfield finally develops the dirt lot between Seton Way and Seton Crescent though. Embarrassing how long it has sat that way. A dirt lot right in the middle of the community on the main drag.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread or no demand for it, but I was wondering if there is a thread for Canmore construction/proposals like Edmonton Skyrise has for (Red Deer/Jasper)?

There seems to be a couple of projects being built, but not sure if anyone really cares or just there isn't any thread for it?

Was surprised to see constructing continuing at several sites today given the cold. Are there any health and safety regs that prevent people from working outdoors in cold temperatures or is it up to the construction company?

Back