News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Construction Updates

I'm fine if the plan for the office tower is dead. If someone wants to build a small residential/mixed use building similar scale to the Hat on 7th with some retail at grade that interacts with 8th street train station, that'd be great.

The tower is dead but the landownership won’t be. I’m sure it’ll return to a patch of grass like it was for a short period before it became the staging area.

It was never a patch of grass, at least not in like a century or more. Before the park revitalization, it was a shitty strip mall, then a shitty gravel lot. Hoping to god that it becomes a temporary part of the park.

Haltcatchfire is correct. For at least one summer before the construction began the site of the future tower had sod laid down to turn it into a grass field and a temporary addition to the park. It was incredible how it changed the dynamic of Century Gardens and left me hoping that the City of Calgary would find a way to purchase that parcel and make it a permanent part of the park.

00-IMG_5036.jpg
00-IMG_5037.jpg
IMG_5038.JPG

Was walking home from groceries last night and noticed the new mural they are doing on the revitalized Bannermen Block. I really like that they're doing something with that wall.

jnuusVLvTK61g6CXGuEA0w.jpg

It looks as though the vacant lot just west of the Avatamsaka Monastery has some activity. Are they adding surface parking or landscaping it? Anything would be better than it is now

Back