News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Construction Updates

I updated my photos of the Meadows Mile Professional Building Construction before Snowzilla II hit yesterday. Second level floor was poured on Monday, by Friday the concrete columns are done and they are well on their way with the forms for the 3rd level. Definitely moving along. I'll just post the latest photo (Thursday), you can wander over to my Flickr page if you want to see a few others:

Professional Bldg Construction IMG_2618
by ferreth, on Flickr

Bye bye old CBC:
20181124_144445.jpg
20181124_144539.jpg

Didn't know that was coming down, what's going to replace it?

An enormous row housing development. It's been talked about here quite a bit.

CBC-Rendering.jpg

anthem-cbc.jpg

anthem-properties.jpg

That makes sense, they finish up Parkside and the Memorial drive project and then get going on this one.

It's plain, but that's fine. It's a not a large public purposed opera house. It's a decent building that will add to the Stampede grounds. Between this, the BMO expansion, and a possible hotel, the grounds are finally starting to fill in.
When I saw that, I just thought "white meets bread."

tinywhite_7bbbee20-b41f-477e-97d5-9103704c9975_530x.png

Yeah, I tend to agree. Just leave it be. We have empty parking lots all over the place that could be developed instead.

It's the home of the rancher who owned all of the area of Bankview, and who subdivided it and created the community.
The 'pro' is that the house will be more visible when moved to the corner of 14 st and 19 ave, but the thing is it's likely where it's currently located because in 1898 when it was built the city of Calgary was still mostly north of the 10th avenue, so it being perched there would allow residents to sit on that balcony and look NE towards the small Town of Calgary, 2 km's away.

Back