News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.9K     0 

General Construction Updates

It's such a disappointing building use-wise up to this point. Until a restaurant actually takes up the ground floor and spills onto the river walk, this building is very sterile, cold, and devoid of life. The bike shop helps in the summer, but does nothing for the winter. Are there actually any residents living in the building? Are the offices occupied? It just seems so lifeless. This building should have been a replica of Bridgeland. An Una pizza, Village Ice Cream, and some other type of sit down restaurant should have fronted the entire River Walk. Throwing in a few canopies over the entrances and plating a few trees around the building would have helped.

SAIT demolition…

1A09A5C4-7F74-46D5-B3CA-90D9F499C528.jpeg

Why are they doing demolition before a new building was constructed? Have they moved all the functions of the existing building to other spaces on a temporary (or permanent?) basis?

fwiw the lot bt 30th and 31st street sw on the south side of 17th ave is underway. lane is blocked off, hole in the ground and equipment onsite.
Is that this one?

Is that this one?

Might also be this one. It's not showing up on the DMAP, but according to Google Streetview, there was a driller onsite July 2023
1698297793929.png

Oct 2020 the parcel was advertised as land assembly redevelopment

1698297949528.png

Why are they doing demolition before a new building was constructed? Have they moved all the functions of the existing building to other spaces on a temporary (or permanent?) basis?

They moved the fitness facilities to a semi permanent tent structure on the Northeast corner of the campus, and the basketball/ hard floor teams have been playing between the tent and U of C.

Is the design for the new SAIT building public yet?

They approved the design program for the new building on October 3rd so I doubt they settled on anything yet, I don't think there's anything public yet, but I didn't look overly hard.

Link is here

Back