4.9K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.9K     0 

General Construction Updates

Eau Claire plaza:
20230810_123647.jpg

Lol at Eau Clare plaza…..this thing better be a masterpiece for the amount of time it’s taking. Unbelievable.

I went on a bike ride the other day and rode down the entire Riverwalk from Inglewood to 10th street. I will admit the new flood walls don’t look as bad with all the plantings they put in. The sections with wood slats are nice and the bare metal sections are not as visible as they planted more than I ever expected. Still wish they planted more actual trees.

The section of Eau Clare close to the lagoon has nice paving and I really like the rock retaining walls that lead down to the lagoon. Again, only a fraction of the trees that were once there is a huge disappointment. The Jaipur bridge is meah. It’s way more functional than the old one, but has basically zero architectural flare. Boring and dull.

Still waiting on this broom finished concrete plaza….

The plaza won't be broom finished concrete thankfully. They're some type of large square or rectangular stones. What they are specifically it's still hard to tell from a distance. They've also done the unexpected and correctly poured a thick slab under the stones as opposed to just compacted crush and sand.

A bit offtopic but I wanted to get some opinions. I think the city's DMAP is a great resource, but I really dislike that all development permits are indicated the same way, ie a 4 tower redevelopment or a community sized greenfield development is indicated on the map the same as a 'new sign' or 'change of use'.
I'd really prefer if permits that don't involve new builds/additions were indicated differently. I'm curious what people think about that.

Has anyone noticed the recent update to the DMAP? It seems a lot cleaner and faster than before. Maybe they read this forum 😅

No major changes, but the system seems to load faster and the new base map is very sleek and easy to read.

Forms and some metal (maybe roof) structures for the park they're building beside Macleod.
Park.jpg

The service road beside the Saddledome. It's meant for access to the ramp on the north west side of the dome.
Service road.jpg

Stampede Trail, looks like this section could be done by hockey season.
Stampede Trail.jpg

I don't recall seeing this while at Stampede but looks like they rebuilt the log house structure beside Weadickville. Curious to see what they do between the 17th Ave curb and the structures.
Weadickville.jpg

Final thought as I left Stampede Park; once the temporary station is removed there is going to be a lot of space between Macleod and the new station. What will happen in this space?
Station4.jpg

Back