News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Experiences at other forums

The last time I was there I kept getting those pop-ups.

My observations of SSP as a whole is on the downward path. It's still active in cities that don't have a better site to go to. Cities like Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Regina, and Ottawa are still active. Toronto, Calgary, and Montreal aren't doing very well. Montreal has flatlined completely. Everyone in Montreal goes to MTLurb. Most people in Toronto go to Urban Toronto, and everyone in Calgary is going to SRC. Edmonton is still fairly busy, but it's mainly one guy with an addiction to posting.

I have a feeling SSP isn't long for this world. I'm happy we have already have a go-to site here in Calgary.
The last time I went there I couldn't log in because it kept punting me to one of those ad pages. I did get the pop ups to stop, but it was a waste of time anyway. The Calgary section is officially a ghost town, there's literally nobody left there except the airport thread.
I also noticed that some of the other cities are also very slow are almost dead. I wonder if it's the effect of the viruses.

I only post on SSP in the Canada section. The Calgary section is complete garbage in SSP. I haven't had any technical problems with SSP though, likely because I have an ad blocker and am on a macbook?

We'd like to get more people on SRC. Would certainly be open to hear from people not satisfied with the other sites. And that includes not just Calgary or Canada. Have people contact me if they need any help or want to talk.

Yeah, it’s totally dead now, not just dead, but really dead. The whole Calgary section has a total of 6 posts since yesterday. The construction section has only seen 2 posts in the last week, and ironically one of them was a comment about how dead the thread was.

I have mixed feelings about it. Sad because it was a good forum in its day but even before its demise it wasn't good for a while. Too many idiots, and to be honest I don’t miss it. The only times I’ve gone there was to watch the morons do battle with each other, lol

Sad what happened to SSP. Sure glad this forum happened!

Looks like SSP is down for the count. Server has been offline all day so far.

Looks like SSP is down for the count. Server has been offline all day so far.

This is interesting, I checked the SSL cert on the site: "Valid from 2020-01-21 to 2020-04-21"
So they only renewed the SSL cert for a 3 month term? Makes me wonder if that points to a planned shutdown, or a planned upgrade/hosting change.

Last edited:
I just popped over to SSP for my annual check in for some mansion, porta potty and blurry Telus Sky pics. Really hard times over there since Suburbia got banned. Only 8 pages of discussion for the whole year. :)

Yeah I just go on there to post my photography and construction updates and piss off Montrealers by merely existing 🤪

After visiting SSP, you get the feeling that Quebecers, and Montrealers are born with a hate on for Calgary and the west. lol. In my times visiting Quebec however, the people have been very friendly, it seems to be just the people on SSP who are asshats.

Back