News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Experiences at other forums

I've been able to access it all weekend, and today.
It was down Sunday night and early Monday morning and was down yesterday evening for a period as well. Probably nothing to do with closing down, my guess is serve/ software issues. The version of software they run is really old.

It was down Sunday night and early Monday morning and was down yesterday evening for a period as well. Probably nothing to do with closing down, my guess is serve/ software issues. The version of software they run is really old.
So it's been down sporadically from the sounds of it, which could partly explain why there hasn't been a post in the construction thread for over a week.

Why would you want posts in their construction thread. It’s NEVER about actual construction. Usually about a house or they link to a thread from here. Somebody needs to shut that thread down. Only keep the airport and Roads thread open

Why would you want posts in their construction thread. It’s NEVER about actual construction. Usually about a house or they link to a thread from here. Somebody needs to shut that thread down. Only keep the airport and Roads thread open
Yeah, you're right that is the deal. I only go there sometimes mostly out of morbid curiosity. I'm not much into the roads or airport threads, so the only time I go there is to see if there's anything going in construction thread and there never is. There are only about 3 or 4 people who post in it and none of them have anything interesting to post.

I pop in there to look once in a while, just to see if there is anything worthwhile, but it's always the same BS about how bad the inner city is or a bunch of really shitty pictures from Crescent road. The only threads on that site I go in are on the Canada section, which is actually pretty good these days.

I haven't been back there for a few months, but went there this morning just for kicks. The best way to describe it is being in an episode of the Twilight zone. There are only a handful of people who post there, and it's the same stuff always. Nobody there has the slightest clue about construction projects in the city. It's hilarious, lol. Suburbia (the guy who used to be public enemy #1) is the only one who posts anything halfway intelligent.

I probably won't comment on SSP's construction section anymore as it's obvious it's finished as a construction thread. Anyone there who is there for construction discussion is either stupid or they like that kind of thing. I agree with Mountain Man regarding the Canada section, it's actually not too bad these days. A lot less bickering than there used to be. Just wait till Calgary's economy picks up again though, it'll be back to the usual anti-Calgary baloney.

The construction thread there is a joke, but to be honest I hope it doesn't get shut down. I like it the way it is, out of the dozen or so people who post there, most are imbeciles who I don't want here. If the thread has some activity in it, it'll help keep those guys there. I've been tempted to make the odd post here and there to help keep it alive. lol.

Last edited:
Some spam accounts coming in. Easy enough to block, but probably shows a common vulnerability with this forum software.

Yeah, there have been a few that have popped up lately. It must be something to do with the little I'm not a robot' verification. That usually contains the spam accounts.

Anyone getting fake Google ad pop-ups on SSP lately? It's not a secure site anymore so it's not surprising...
My firewall at work won't let you connect to websites site that aren't secure, so it blocks SSP. I haven't been there for a while, but I was getting the fake ads the last time I logged in from home I got the fake ads. It kept booting me out to another page.

That's the trend these days, that's only going to get more common. SSP is going to have to do a site overhaul with new forum software if they want to stay up and running.
My firewall at work won't let you connect to websites site that aren't secure, so it blocks SSP. I haven't been there for a while, but I was getting the fake ads the last time I logged in from home I got the fake ads. It kept booting me out to another page.

The last time I went there I couldn't log in because it kept punting me to one of those ad pages. I did get the pop ups to stop, but it was a waste of time anyway. The Calgary section is officially a ghost town, there's literally nobody left there except the airport thread.

I also noticed that some of the other cities are also very slow are almost dead. I wonder if it's the effect of the viruses.

Anyone getting fake Google ad pop-ups on SSP lately? It's not a secure site anymore so it's not surprising...

Back