News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Crane Count

Crane being taken down at university district?

B0B3B123-9D14-4621-BA9C-5D811EDBB22B.jpeg

Two cranes up, one crane down. 37 is a pretty healthy number all considered.

Looking at the list I see that most of those 37 cranes will be around for a while. Not too many cranes coming down the pipe though. Dorian, and Riverwalk are the only two projects I can think of where cranes will be coming.

Riverwalk and Dorian for sure, Place 10 has also been confirmed, Era should be going ahead late winter/early spring, Mcpherson Square is likely within the next year, the new care centre in Bridgeland, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that new seniors tower at Heritage Station go through as well. We could also see movement on West 17, as the site is clear and no real word on why it's idle.

We should also see a crane go up for the revitalization of that tower at the NE corner of 17 Ave and 4 St.

Oh and a tower crane for the buildings at the Central Park Block at University District, and a tower crane for the 15 storey Alt Hotel in Uni District as well.

Last edited:
ALT Hotel should have a tower crane. I believe the crane base is still there waiting to go. With it being modular construction, the work could happen at any time. I agree, the Chartwell one is likely to go soon, same for Place 10.

Back