News   Apr 03, 2020
 5.5K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 4.3K     0 

Crane Count

I'm curious if anyone knows the max amount of cranes we've had going at one time? Different populations of course, but I wonder how something like today compares to the roaring 70s or the early 2000s.

I'm curious if anyone knows the max amount of cranes we've had going at one time? Different populations of course, but I wonder how something like today compares to the roaring 70s or the early 2000s.
I'd be curious if there was a count from the late 70's, early 80's. Back in the day on SSP there was a time in August 2008 when there was 75 cranes going at once apparently.

Cool, 2008 is a good benchmark. Considering how much more muted things feel overall in terms of the vibe/economy than back then, 40 actually seems pretty solid.
I remember it being really busy right up to that point, though I can't really recall where the cranes would have been.

Here's a blurb from SRC in June 2010, showing 29 cranes in action. Things were just starting to pick up after the 2008 crash, and still a pretty decent 29.

The Bow: 4 2 favco 1 potian on north tower
South Calgary Hospital: 4 peiner
SAIT: 4 liehberr

Eighth Avenue Place: 2 comedil
Tallisman Centre: 2 wolff
Homburg Park on Blackfoot: 2 comedil

Atlantic Avenue Art Block: 1 wolff
Midtown: 1 comedil
Riverside Quays: 1 not sure which job this is
Bow Valley College Ph.2: 1 wolff
Casel: 1 if its the one on 17th ave its a wolff
Strategic on 4th: 1 wolff