News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Censorship discussion.

People don't engage with you because how you open the conversation is not one that is open for discussion, using words like pandering. Yes, there are situations where that may be true but this isn't one. We can discuss should we have indigenous input in public projects, and I think an overwhelming majority will say yes. Even if we ignore the historical issues (which we shouldn't, but for the sake of argument), why shouldn't we account for the cultural background of a group of citizens in a public infrastructure project?

Not even going to touch on the censoring since others have already but sure, ignore the fact that for the vast majority of the last 150 years indigenous peoples have been exploited, but in the last 5 years as an effort of reconciliation we've asked for their engagement on civic projects like this. Pandering? Land acknowledgements must drive you crazy huh? I'd honestly love to see your list of items that are included in pandering.
Land acknowledgements are actually a huge hindrance to Canadian nationalism.

Land acknowledgements are actually a huge hindrance to Canadian nationalism.

1000013985.gif

Attachments

• oh-wait-youre-serious.gif
    oh-wait-youre-serious.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
It's called being facetious.

Makes me think the reason for the rest of your views is because you're very gullible.
Hey mods, seems like yourboy was just being facetious, so can rename this thread title to Forum Moderation Discussion so dumb dumbs like me don't get confused? Or better close the whole thread since clearly they weren't serious about any of their posts in here.

Just saying y’all, this was INEVITABLE! I had him on my ignore list from like his 5th or 6th post on here, then took him off a month or so later. He does post some interesting news every now and then, but the forum will be a better place again once he gets himself banned.

Why must we pander to the indigenous on everything? This design is disgusting. Keep that thumb pressed on our society eh? Bloody hideous. Just say no. Ew.

These are the polished renderings. Imagine the final product.

I'll actually attempt to answer your question instead of just pointing and sputtering or saying "Wow...just, wow"

Within our society, Indigenous people are a protected class. Any questioning or criticism of anything relating to Indigenousness is seen as a moral deficiency on the behave of the inquirer. That's why your comment was edited. You original comment was an affront to the moral nostrums of the status seeking social climbers within our society.

Had you said: "Why must we pander to the European on everything? This design is disgusting. Keep that thumb pressed on our society eh? Bloody hideous. Just say no. Ew."

No one on this forum would have batted an eye.

I'll actually attempt to answer your question instead of just pointing and sputtering or saying "Wow...just, wow"

Within our society, Indigenous people are a protected class. Any questioning or criticism of anything relating to Indigenousness is seen as a moral deficiency on the behave of the inquirer. That's why your comment was edited. You original comment was an affront to the moral nostrums of the status seeking social climbers within our society.

Had you said: "Why must we pander to the European on everything? This design is disgusting. Keep that thumb pressed on our society eh? Bloody hideous. Just say no. Ew."

No one on this forum would have batted an eye.
You state in your comment that indigenous peoples are a "protected class". Could you please provide information on how well they have been protected over the past couple hundred years?

You state in your comment that indigenous peoples are a "protected class". Could you please provide information on how well they have been protected over the past couple hundred years?
Personally, I'd give my left nut to live in a municipality that would provide a community in which my people would feel free to practice their culture and customs, live close to their extended families, and raise their children in their cultural and ancestral homelands. A municipality where I wouldn't have to pay any income tax, where I could set up a business that also didn't have to pay taxes. A municipality where my people would be entitled to fantastic education allowances and scholarships, dental benefits and job training opportunities. A municipality where each individual would receive $20,000 when they turn 18. But that's not the best part...the best part is that if anyone ever said that this was unfair, myself and the Janissaries of the political system would point to that person and say that they are morally deficient, heretics and deprive them from access to employment.

For full disclosure, I can't blame anyone for taking that deal. Myself and probably 99% of the people on this globe would opt for this living arrangement in a heartbeat.

But since you seem like a swell guy, I'll meet you halfway...I think a way to defeat a people is to demoralize and humiliate them. To take their culture away from them. To make them feel ashamed of being who they are. To design a system where it socially unacceptable for said people to express any semblance of pride in their culture and ethnic background. I think it's nefarious for children to be forced to attend a school system where the system actively teaches them to hate themselves based on the ethnic group they belong to. To tell them they have original sin simply because of who they are...thank god that doesn't happen anymore...

I think it's nefarious for children to be forced to attend a school system where the system actively teaches them to hate themselves based on the ethnic group they belong to. To tell them they have original sin simply because of who they are
so, when stories pop up in the media about teachers trying to use academic methods to evaluate power dynamics, first thing first is to remember that Alberta alone has more than 30,000 independent classrooms. Doing some math that brings the North American total to north of 3 million classrooms. When one story makes the news it doesn’t mean it is even in two classrooms let alone widespread.

Those that benefit from ever more polarization, mostly news organizations which ask for your money and seek out the next outrage to provide you another self reinforcing hit.

There is a reason actions at a handful of universities in the USA have led coverage in the USA. Only one is of any significance: Berkeley; and only then it appears mostly due to outright provocations.

I’m thankful even back in high school we focused a lot on media literacy and evaluating sources. Turns out to have been very prescient for the modern age when mainstream publishing like the Herald is down to 10% of former levels as the city grows.

I seriously wonder if many of these ‘fights’ even exist in the traditional frame. Do people miss an ill defined nationalism which never existed or do they miss having a collective truth and basis for discussion and mutual understanding which the mainstream media they now so decry was the source of?

Back