News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Censorship discussion.

YourBoy007

Member Bio
Reaction score
Why must we pander to the indigenous on everything? This design is disgusting. Keep that thumb pressed on our society eh? Bloody hideous. Just say no. Ew.

These are the polished renderings. Imagine the final product.

Last edited:
Why must we pander to the indigenous on everything? This design is disgusting. Keep that thumb pressed on our society eh? Bloody hideous. Just say no. Ew.

1000015626.gif

Last edited:
Which illuminati moderator censored and edited my comment??
Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 9.34.52 AM.png

My original comment:
Why must they pander to the indigenous on everything? This design is disgusting. Keep that thumb pressed on our society eh? Bloody hideous. Just say no. Ew.

My censored comment:
This design is disgusting. Keep that thumb pressed on our society eh? Bloody hideous. Just say no. Ew.

OK. So this is very concerning and disturbing.

I realize some of you may think I'm a troll, or really disagree with my politics. I'm fine with that. Politics is bound to trickle into conversations about infrastructure. I've apparently given some of you flashbacks to the old skyscraper forum (which I promise I was never a part of) with my conservative views. We've let it get a little childish from time to time, but we've always managed to revert back to the main theme of this page. We've agreed to disagree.

But this, I am not standing for. And neither should you, regardless of your political stance. This is censorship and the thumb on our society I was talking about in my original comment. Can't argue it's a troll post. The incorporation of indigenous design and its elements have obviously played a significant role, not only in this particular design, but in our society as well. It's worth at least a chat. Was the moderator worried this would turn into a shitshow thread and that some wouldn't be able to control themselves?

Regardless, this is blatant censorship.

I took out your comment about Natives as it was bordering on racism. Members can be as negative or confrontational as they want about a lot of things, and I'm fine with heated debates and arguments, but any posts or comments relating to races/genders/sexuality, etc.. will be removed.

I took out your comment about Natives as it was bordering on racism. Members can be as negative or confrontational as they want about a lot of things, and I'm fine with heated debates and arguments, but any posts or comments relating to races/genders/sexuality, etc.. will be removed.
It's a racism, everybody!

This is pure censorship.

There's a a big difference between conservative views and what you're posting. it's also just factually untrue, no where does it mention that is the inspiration for the design. It's also unclear why wood, a naturally building material used in majority of homes in the city is somehow the domain of a specific group of people?

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 10.11.52 AM.png

Just stop engaging with him, every time someone disagrees with him he plays victim, no matter what nonsense he spews out.

There's a difference between being "Conservative" and just racist.

Im conservative but i'm not on the forum spewing political views, picking fights and arguing conspiracy theories every chance I get.

I asked one valid question and was censored for it. Now I got people yelling "RACISM" and "CONSPIRACY THEORIST" at me.

Everyone has lost their minds!

There's a difference between being "Conservative" and just racist.
Totally agree. It's not a "viewpoint," and it has nothing to do with agreement/disagreement. There is a defined legislative difference between freedom of speech in USA and freedom of expression in Canada.

Unlike the USA, in Canada, you do not just get to say whatever you like. Someone else's right not to be discriminated against because of the gender, sexuality, race, religion, ethnicity, etc. will always trump your right to say whatever you like.
I asked one valid question and was censored for it. Now I got people yelling "RACISM" and "CONSPIRACY THEORIST" at me.
It's not censorship, you just have no idea what you're talking about. Read the Constitution and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Not even going to touch on the censoring since others have already but sure, ignore the fact that for the vast majority of the last 150 years indigenous peoples have been exploited, but in the last 5 years as an effort of reconciliation we've asked for their engagement on civic projects like this. Pandering? Land acknowledgements must drive you crazy huh? I'd honestly love to see your list of items that are included in pandering.

Totally agree. It's not a "viewpoint," and it has nothing to do with agreement/disagreement. There is a defined legislative difference between freedom of speech in USA and freedom of expression in Canada.

Unlike the USA, in Canada, you do not just get to say whatever you like. Someone else's right not to be discriminated against because of the gender, sexuality, race, religion, ethnicity, etc. will always trump your right to say whatever you like.
That's it - you don't know what discrimination means.

Any and all ideas have the right to be criticized, such as with religions, or the idea to pander to a certain race for example.

But hold on, we never actually get to a real constructive conversation on the issue of the endless indigenous pandering or the cold hard super obvious fact that Canada has accepted too many immigrants as another example, because we always revert to the boring and unproductive conversation of what is racist and what is not. Look at us. We've fallen so far. While we can't seem to get this passed this nonsense, other nations are living happily, being productive, and moving forward with their societies. We're stuck in some exhaustive, fucked up phase with no end in sight.

I simply asked, "why developers and their partners insist on forcing incorporation of indigenous elements into public and communal projects." If you can't handle a simple question like that without yelling "racism," then you should refrain from participating in society al together. You are a drain on society.

I've had it. I'm taking a break from you people. Yes, you people.

I have been censored.

Back