News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary's Kensington

I haven't been down to Kensington area for some time now. How are the businesses doing these days? There were a number of them closing down during the pandemic.
The retail bays in newer buildings seem to be fine. Bays in Lido, The Kensington, St John's are fully leased, Theodore which isn't completed yet, has 3 of the 5 leased. Other locations seem to be touch and go, but from what I remember last visit, almost all of 10th and Kensington Rd. was leased out.

Went to Hayden Block a few weeks ago. What was weird was the the Tim Horton's was closed on a Thurs before 6pm... I think the sign said 5? We weren't going there, but it is a really dead spot there on Kensington Road.

Went to Hayden Block a few weeks ago. What was weird was the the Tim Horton's was closed on a Thurs before 6pm... I think the sign said 5? We weren't going there, but it is a really dead spot there on Kensington Road.
It's also the same with the Tim's at Centre St N at 12th ave. It closes early and isn't even opened on the weekend! It's also a non-drive thru location as well, it seems Tim's maybe struggles with this, a symptom of their client base being highly auto/drive thru driven?

The old Oak Tree Tavern location is out of business again. The latest business (Top Notch) didn’t last very long at all.

The old Oak Tree Tavern location is out of business again. The latest business (Top Notch) didn’t last very long at all.
Not surprising, left the area in March, but I think they they seemed to be open only in the summer and closed more than they were ever open. I thought I remembered seeing they owned Scuba Jays, College Bar and Honkey Tonk at one point. I wonder how those are all doing considering they all opened during COVID.

Back