Yellowstone | 67m | 20s | Amble Ventures | NORR

For tall high rises and skyscrapers. Is it for all high rises? Compared to Canadian cities. Every Canadian cities punches above their weight compared to US urban centers

I'd like to see a few more highrises in the Beltline, but tbh, I enjoying all of the 6 storey builds and rowhomes going up in inner city areas. Toronto's mass amount of apartment towers create a lot of density, but I don't find their overall new housing builds very diversified. It's apartment towers or nothing. Kind of the same thing with Vancouver and Montreal. I like apartment towers as much as the next guy, but I like Calgary's diversity of housing builds right now. My only gripe is that so many of the new 6 storey builds are at the far edges of the city rather than a parking lot in the core, but it could be worse.
I wouldn't say it's apartment towers or nothing in Toronto or Vancouver but, it's the same cramped quarters whether it's a house, townhouse or apartment. Everything is being designed to lure investors that see students as lucrative tenants.

Development is shifting away from the cores of Vancouver and Toronto to suburban city centres and the fringes of the metro as its slightly cheaper

Back