Wolf Den | 13.72m | 4s | Brava Developments

5F2D8378-31BC-480B-92CE-6C3748DC60FA.jpeg

I have been hard on this one for its pedestrian grade choices before, but I do appreciate it being something we really don't see that often - a small-scale main street pedestrian retail infill with residential above. Most our "good" urban development is much larger in all dimensions. Sometimes that's a benefit but it can be a drawback.

Reminds me a bit of Vancouver's residential -over-retail main street developments from the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s. Most of these are easily forgettable due to their low-profile but offer a bit of variety and housing stock right on the main street.

If only the bottom floor had doors at grade and it would have checked all my boxes.

I have been hard on this one for its pedestrian grade choices before, but I do appreciate it being something we really don't see that often - a small-scale main street pedestrian retail infill with residential above. Most our "good" urban development is much larger in all dimensions. Sometimes that's a benefit but it can be a drawback.

Reminds me a bit of Vancouver's residential -over-retail main street developments from the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s. Most of these are easily forgettable due to their low-profile but offer a bit of variety and housing stock right on the main street.

If only the bottom floor had doors at grade and it would have checked all my boxes.
Totally agree. I love this project, this kind of scale of project is more important to me for city building than big projects we have going. I would take hundreds of these over having another tower built, personally. This does more for adding to and repairing our urban fabric than projects of a larger scale do (almost always, IMO). I also used to live directly across the street from this and was a patron of the coffee shop that used to be there, love to see the transformation of 19th Street NW. Was worried it would be hard for the builder to finance and finish this project so i'm really happen to see it nearing completion.

Hey @DougR, is this closer to the scale you have envisioned for 33rd Ave?

Last edited:

Back