Votes: 39 35.5%
  • So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
I’m not sure if the City has specific requirements for commercial space, but I think the building owners would actually be best served moving the amenity spaces for residents into the podium (e.g., gym). The amenities all seem to be located in higher floors, which is cool for the residents, who get spectacular views while working out or hosting events, but they could easily convert those spaces into additional units, and remove the current glut of vacant CRUs. Otherwise, a public gym would also be a good use. Something that does not rely heavily on pedestrian traffic.

Yeah the only one is Goodlife in Mount Royal Village, and it's friggin paaaacked 100% of the time. A Gym would be a great use there.
My wish would be for an Evolve Strength to open up there. They're in expansion mode since they've opened up locations at Seton and Royal Oak last year, and are suppose to be opening in Vancouver this year at the renovated Post Building, as well as Brentwood Mall. They're based in Edmonton, and got a downtown location up there. So I would figure a downtown Calgary location is on their radar.

A big gym sounds good to me; I don't know the market at all. But: are they even trying to lease the retail space? The last time I remembered to look as I passed by, they had a big wrap sign advertising for residential rental tenants, but I didn't see any signage at all for commercial leasing. There's nothing on LoopNet, even though there's a listing for retail spaces down the block that are still a car dealership (they're closing in May).

DSC_3370.JPG
DSC_3377.JPG

1682788652359.png

Last edited:

Back