Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
IMG_4252.JPG
IMG_4254.JPG
IMG_4256.JPG
IMG_4257.JPG

Last I saw the glass was done by Starline out of Langley BC, and there was a significant amount of spandrel. Basically, I kind of hope they find a better supplier, but knowing how cheap Cidex is, I would be surprised if it went that way lol.

Starline is not doing the glazing. Coming out of Korea apparently.

Last edited:
I think someone mentioned they want to wrap up the entire podium first before moving up the tower and the podium is quite large, yet I don't see much progress there either.
That doesn't make any sense. The tower is the critical path. This is a clear sign the developer is having a major problem with the glazing supplier. Their project in Edmonton has the same issue. Someone is gonna lose a few bucks as a result.

I can't speak for the quality but, Asian curtain wall looks pretty damn good. So the glass is a little delayed. So what. They are only halfway up. Plenty of time to catch up. Deploy an umbrella when walking next to the completed tower.

The ugly blue tower south of Central Memorial Park was topped out for a year before being clad.

On Cidex's website, this project is listed as HAT@West Village to match their East Village project (the one that actually has something hat-like going on) and their new 7th Ave project on the north side of the Kerby LRT station. Is this new? Are they trying to leverage the great fondness everyone has for The Hat to other projects that need it because they might actually look ok?

There website has shown that for a while now (going on multiple years if I remember correctly). Cidex doesn't seem to be too keen on updating their website / marketing their projects. I am curious what the EV project will be branded as when they start advertising for future residents.

Back