Uxborough Phase 1 | 45m | 14s | Western Securities | Gibbs Gage

Crane going up

IMG_1316.jpg

I think it might be a good idea to have a web cam mounted on the roof of the new cancer centre & have it trained on the Uxborough site. That way we could catch the entire construction of this project. Nice to see projects go up in real time.
You’ e got my vote!

Apparently Western Securities is hoping to start on Phase II before Phase I is actually complete! So hopefully this is a good sign that we won't end up with a parking lot for another decade.

Real Estate News EXchange: Calgary's million-sq.-ft. UXBorough project breaks ground | RENX.

Apparently Western Securities is hoping to start on Phase II before Phase I is actually complete! So hopefully this is a good sign that we won't end up with a parking lot for another decade.

Real Estate News EXchange: Calgary's million-sq.-ft. UXBorough project breaks ground | RENX.
The upside of $100 oil

The reason you can’t fly the drone near the hospital is indeed because of the heliport. You can apply to get permission to fly the drone in the area if you have a purpose. There’s a process to go through but it can be done.

For drones under 250g, the Regulations are different. Technically your’e not supposed to fly those near the hospital either, but the wording of the exact regulations is a bit different, Using the words ‘should not’, instead of ‘cannot’. I spoke to somebody from Navcan at the time they changed The regulations for microdrones and got kind of an ambiguous answer of basically if you’re flying your drone responsibly and you’re not too close to it, it shouldn’t be a problem. The question that the time was more to do with the heliport at Eau Claire.
Given the amount of usage the heliport gets at the hospital it wouldn’t be worth flying out anywhere near the hospital.

Back