Uxborough Phase 1 | 45m | 14s | Western Securities | Gibbs Gage

It's hard to judge this one until all the phases are complete. Materials and scale are good, but not clear the ground-level treatment results yet. Still seems this could go either way - either a end up feeling more like a space suburban office park v. a actual higher density walkable node.

Still seems this could go either way - either a end up feeling more like a space suburban office park v. a actual higher density walkable node.
I imagine closer to the former. But considering it's surrounded by low-density housing and an industrial hospital complex, the chances of it ever being some urban hot spot were probably pretty low. I imagine most of the action will be people from Foothills walking over to get some lunch and do their banking.

I imagine closer to the former. But considering it's surrounded by low-density housing and an industrial hospital complex, the chances of it ever being some urban hot spot were probably pretty low. I imagine most of the action will be people from Foothills walking over to get some lunch and do their banking.
That's my main concern as well - it's a lot of reasonably large buildings, but they are fairly spread out and there is notably not that much housing included.

I think the outcome would be better if they added another residential tower or two and tightened up the design so there's less vehicular circulation space - both on and immediately off-site - and more housing. Of course, it's certainly still an improvement over a strip mall regardless.

But those traffic engineers gotta eat too I suppose :)

Last edited:
IMG_4499.jpeg
IMG_4497.jpeg
IMG_4496.jpeg

There’s a driller off to the south side of the office building, I assume that is for the pedestrian bridge?

Does the bridge connect to the medical building where the pcl tarps are?

Back