UPTEN | 121.91m | 37s | Strategic Group

When you did your tour, did they make any mention of who the retail tenants will be?
I will be very surprised to hear if they have any retail tenants signed. Together with vacant office space, vacant retail space in both downtown and the Beltline is piling up fast. I don't think there is a high rise in the core that has been built in the last 5 years, that does not have some street level space for lease. Nuera, Keynote and Arriva, which were built 10 years ago, still have some empty space. Add to this all of the vacant retail in older buildings along 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12 Ave. I was not living in the city back in the 80's when the NEP hit the city hard but was it ever this dire for businesses?

00-78en3n5wmbm51.jpg

www.reddit.com/user/hmack87/

I will be very surprised to hear if they have any retail tenants signed. Together with vacant office space, vacant retail space in both downtown and the Beltline is piling up fast. I don't think there is a high rise in the core that has been built in the last 5 years, that does not have some street level space for lease. Nuera, Keynote and Arriva, which were built 10 years ago, still have some empty space. Add to this all of the vacant retail in older buildings along 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12 Ave. I was not living in the city back in the 80's when the NEP hit the city hard but was it ever this dire for businesses?
Before Freshii closed up, Mark on 10th had completely leased the ground floor retail.

Back