UPTEN | 121.91m | 37s | Strategic Group

20200108_151718.jpg

H-Mart (large asian supermarket chain) is hiring to open in downtown Calgary. They recently opened two locations in Edmonton and doing very well.

I looked at permits and this building (or one attached) has approval for Supermarket. Is this where supermarket is coming in or is there another building in downtown that can accommodate that size?

Lots of spots can accommodate a small supermnarket. The Nuera / Alura retail has been vacant for many years, that seems more ideally suited to me.

I'm still hoping for a decent restaurant or pub in there, need more options for Flames games, concerts and the Stampede! If it's affordably priced can get some of the lunch crowd from City Hall too!
I would agree with that except the experience with LoungeBurger that morphed into The Still which is now some kind of karaoke bar, is not encouraging. With Flames games, Stampede events and all of that residential around it, LoungeBurger could not make a go of it. You could put Vagabond in the same category. I don't know how they are staying in business. I realize One Tower is a little closer to downtown.

Back