News   Apr 03, 2020
 5.5K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 4.3K     0 

Calgary Transit

Calgcouver, in the Green Line thread, mentioned an idea: “Just connect the blue line to the airport via 60 St > Airport Trail > Barlow Trail. It doesn't have to be this hard.”

If I were someone going from the airport straight to downtown, with as many stops as there are already on the Blue Line, this would be super annoying. I would prefer to have an express or limited stop service between the airport and downtown much like the UP Express in Toronto.

Calgcouver, in the Green Line thread, mentioned an idea: “Just connect the blue line to the airport via 60 St > Airport Trail > Barlow Trail. It doesn't have to be this hard.”

If I were someone going from the airport straight to downtown, with as many stops as there are already on the Blue Line, this would be super annoying. I would prefer to have an express or limited stop service between the airport and downtown much like the UP Express in Toronto.
Blue line isn't really feasible except to say we have a train to the airport. Saddletown to Downtown shows 30 minutes on google maps - going airport downtown means 45 minutes or longer.
The 300 bus direct from Airport to Downtown is only 36 minutes (outside of rush hour) - why spend the millions for a train that is slower than the current bus

Blue line isn't really feasible except to say we have a train to the airport. Saddletown to Downtown shows 30 minutes on google maps - going airport downtown means 45 minutes or longer.
The 300 bus direct from Airport to Downtown is only 36 minutes (outside of rush hour) - why spend the millions for a train that is slower than the current bus
Exactly my point. What have the Airport to Downtown train proponents (Liricon or whatever it’s called, and others) estimated for a travel time?

Back