Trail 31 | 13m | 3s | Eagle Crest | FAAS Architecture

Another development just off of Edmonton Trail appears to have started construction DMAP. and looks to be fairly substantial, with 5 buildings totaling 50 units.

There's a pic of the proposal on the city's advertising sign, I'll try and snag next time I'm there.
Those are interesting properties.
All of the houses on 30th ave originally had super deep lots, like 350 ft deep, when there was just open prairie behind them. Actually you can see all of those houses east of Edmonton trail did as well

(1948)
1708723814225.png

Distinct visual property lines on the north half of those 30th Ave lots being redeveloped seems to have disappeared about 20 years ago

Today there's only 6 homes that still have the same deep lots, along with 2 recently vacant ones as the homes were demo'd in the last decade.

1708723744663.png

Here's a good visual of how huge the lots are

1708724496472.png

Acreages in the inner city are always interesting to me, a throwback from when they were practically rural properties.

Attachments

• 1708723514395.png
    1708723514395.png
    204.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Those are interesting properties.
All of the houses on 30th ave originally had super deep lots, like 350 ft deep, when there was just open prairie behind them. Actually you can see all of those houses east of Edmonton trail did as well

(1948)
View attachment 543041

Distinct visual property lines on the north half of those 30th Ave lots being redeveloped seems to have disappeared about 20 years ago

Today there's only 6 homes that still have the same deep lots, along with 2 recently vacant ones as the homes were demo'd in the last decade.

View attachment 543040

Here's a good visual of how huge the lots are

View attachment 543042

Acreages in the inner city are always interesting to me, a throwback from when they were practically rural properties.
I remember the days when those huge lots were there. Some of them had huge gardens, which were perfect for raiding. The gardens were so far from the houses that even if the homeowner spotted you, you had time to keep picking some veggies and hop the fence before they made it there!

I remember the days when those huge lots were there. Some of them had huge gardens, which were perfect for raiding. The gardens were so far from the houses that even if the homeowner spotted you, you had time to keep picking some veggies and hop the fence before they made it there!
Sounds like some Tom and Huck adventures!

Another development just off of Edmonton Trail appears to have started construction DMAP. and looks to be fairly substantial, with 5 buildings totaling 50 units.

There's a pic of the proposal on the city's advertising sign, I'll try and snag next time I'm there.
It turns out it's another Eagle Crest project. There's a rendering on the sign board that's shows more of an aerial view showing it as a small village type development, with 2 rows of rowhomes (2 buildings in front and 3 in the back), and this is what they have on their site. Looks promising.

Trail-31-Overview.jpg

Back