Tigerstedt Block | ?m | 6s | Certus | Stephen Ho

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
The city approved the re-zoning for this one Dec 5th. The old Tigerstedt sign will be preserved.

qOBJrzHs20vNCGPLMQ3cka9LKTSSLMAgs1hY_pZ8N_I.jpeg
Image5.jpg

20632893.fa2641fe.640.jpg
calgary-05-14-02-the-tigerstedt-block-neon-sign-on-centre-s.jpg

Attachments

• qOBJrzHs20vNCGPLMQ3cka9LKTSSLMAgs1hY_pZ8N_I.jpeg
    qOBJrzHs20vNCGPLMQ3cka9LKTSSLMAgs1hY_pZ8N_I.jpeg
    372.9 KB · Views: 789
  • 20632893.fa2641fe.640.jpg
    20632893.fa2641fe.640.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 874
  • calgary-05-14-02-the-tigerstedt-block-neon-sign-on-centre-s.jpg
    calgary-05-14-02-the-tigerstedt-block-neon-sign-on-centre-s.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 685
  • Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 843
Absolutely love this one, everything from the white brick cladding to the loft style windows on the northern half. It's an excellent little development, and it could almost be called the first TOD proposal along the Green Line, since it wasn't proposed until after the city selected Centre Street as the route for the Green Line last year.

I'm going to pile my praise on as well. Perfect for the area. And soon it'll be close to a subway station too.

It was a little hard to make out just by looking at the renders, but the exterior material is brick. I can't think of anything else with white brick. Especially that much of it. Here's hoping the colour of the final product ends up true to the renders.

I didn't even notice the brick until UW mentioned it, and yeah love it. I'm pretty much good with white brick any time.

I'm going to pile my praise on as well. Perfect for the area. And soon it'll be close to a subway station too.

It was a little hard to make out just by looking at the renders, but the exterior material is brick. I can't think of anything else with white brick. Especially that much of it. Here's hoping the colour of the final product ends up true to the renders.

There's that nice little stripmall in Bankview that uses white brick (although its more of a painted brick) that I think looks quite nice.

White buildings in general look great. This city needs way more of them in my opinion. Anything but brown.

Totally. On top of white buildings, we just need generally more of this level of quality development in this city, especially along Centre Street where the 3 latest infills have been... lackluster at best.

I'm a big fan of white brick, even if it's painted brick. Painted brick wouldn't work on a tall building, but could work on something of this scale. I'm curious as to whether the brick is a true white brick.

I like the proposal, it's too bad it wasn't on another block. Tigerstedt block today, is a nice little retail strip. I'd rather they cleared out some crappy parking lot to build this..but hey, it's not my money.

The materials for this one are white brick and glass, with some aluminium panelling. I'm looking forward to that white brick!

Thanks for the confirmation. Hope this one goes into sales right soon and gets going over the next year or two. It will really clean up the image of Centre Street North.

There is a ton of potential for Centre Street N. Especially with a train station going in at 9th and one at 16th.

Have you seen the illustrations the city has done for the area around 16 Avenue Subway Station? It looks like a mini East Village. A couple illustrations show an urban format Save On Foods with midrise residential on top, another has a bulbous glass structure rising out of the empty lot on the SE corner (apparently where the main station head will be), and all of them show a hell of a lot of density planned for the area.

Have you seen the illustrations the city has done for the area around 16 Avenue Subway Station? It looks like a mini East Village. A couple illustrations show an urban format Save On Foods with midrise residential on top, another has a bulbous glass structure rising out of the empty lot on the SE corner (apparently where the main station head will be), and all of them show a hell of a lot of density planned for the area.

Do share them if you have them. Or at least the link. I'm very curious as well.

Back