The Theodore | 35.66m | 10s | Graywood | Arcadis

The new design is far better, and willl fit in nicely. My advice, lose the purple and the pink, everything else is good to go.

I actually like it, and really like the colours. Pinks and purples give me that South Beach vibe!

I'm actually fairly excited for this and even impressed with its massing. Not that the massing is anything new for Kensington, but it's nice to see the continuation of it all the way to the edge of the node. This will make for quite a lovely gateway feature when driving south on Tenth Street into Kensington. I also love the combo of turquoise and pink.

Forgive me for forgetting, but is this one rental or condo?

Also, here is a high rez version of that render, provided by the DP...

fullsizeoutput_2ff8.jpeg

I'm actually fairly excited for this and even impressed with its massing. Not that the massing is anything new for Kensington, but it's nice to see the continuation of it all the way to the edge of the node. This will make for quite a lovely gateway feature when driving south on Tenth Street into Kensington. I also love the combo of turquoise and pink.

Forgive me for forgetting, but is this one rental or condo?
Almost certain it's condo.

This received support of CPC on Thursday - I believe they will have challenges at public hearing given the relaxations, however minor. This 'hood is ultra sensitive

There won't be a public hearing, as there is no land-use application necessary for this project. CPC has approved it, the permit is now in advertising to see if it will be appealed or not. If not, it is good to go. If it is appealed, then we will see how big of a deal the relaxations are.

There won't be a public hearing, as there is no land-use application necessary for this project. CPC has approved it, the permit is now in advertising to see if it will be appealed or not. If not, it is good to go. If it is appealed, then we will see how big of a deal the relaxations are.

What are the odds that this gets enough pre-sales to go ahead? I worry that this will be the same story as Minto - Toronto developer gets excited about the Calgary market, doesn’t get sales at the pricing they hoped for, and the project ends up stalled out. Hoping that it sells but will be interesting to see pricing.

I hope not, I like the building Midtown Kitchen is in.

HSCA planning had a similar rumour come up last month...

“Potential Development on the East side of 10 Street:
• Word on the street says that there is a potential redevelopment that includes the Ethiopian restaurant all the way to the Roasterie.
• It would be very unfortunately to lose the eclectic public space at the Roasterie Plaza – it is a unique space and should be considered when the site is redeveloped.”

I agree with you that Midtown Kitchen is in a nice building, seems unlikely that it would be torn down. But the Roasterie’s building is squat and fairly anonymous. I agree with the HSCA comment that the public space in front of Roasterie is a nice feature, my hope is that something with a similar street interaction but built with residential above up to the ARP height maximum replaces the Roasterie building and maybe gets integrated with a refurb of the Midtown building.

Back