The Isaac on 9th | 22m | 6s | M2SC

MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score
An open house was held last night for an 85 unit apartment building on 9th Avenue in Inglewood, located at NW corner of 9th Ave and 13th Street SE.

Information on the developer's website:

Not a lot of info yet, just a massing diagram, but they look to be preserving the facade of the historic building on the block:
1686665926368.png

Hope the new building compliments the existing one. Do new buildings in Inglewood have to have a wider sidewalk similar to the Beltline? I've never actually done a project in that area.

An open house was held last night for an 85 unit apartment building on 9th Avenue in Inglewood, located at NW corner of 9th Ave and 13th Street SE.

Information on the developer's website:

Not a lot of info yet, just a massing diagram, but they look to be preserving the facade of the historic building on the block:
View attachment 484947
From our Community newsletter:
"We met with the developers and we appreciated the effort they took
to explain the project in-person. They are looking at a six story
building that retains the front of the Carson Block (home to The
Dirty Duck) and would provide mostly one-bedroom apartments at
a modest price (relative to many new builds)
. They are interested
in keeping retail frontage on 9th Avenue and they’re motivated to
not just change the land use - but to actually get building. Watch
for notices later in the month for an open house and a potential
presentation to the Planning Committee in June."

The developer appears to have been involved in the Irvine as well......

I guess what I meant was the ground floor/street interface outside of the heritage building leaves something to be desired. But yes, the upper floors say warehouse loft to me, in a good way.

If those main floor units are commercial that is a terrible interface. This is okay but would look better without the cheeseball cornices and brackets.

I like it. I like the uplighting, the brick and the warehouse windows. Take away some of the ornate cornices, and braces, and have the ground floor better integrated to the street level and it would be great. I'm assuming the reason the ground floor is raised is due to flood plain heights? We didn't see this with Avli or South Block, but maybe this block is a bit lower in elevation.

Last edited:

Back