The Hive | 27m | 9s | Jemm Properties | LOLA

What the what?!? Wow. I will note though, JEMM pulled their DP for their wood frame project they were planning in Shaganappi recently, so maybe they are really scaling back their operations? Wonder if we will see this parcel go up for sale soon?

What the what?!? Wow. I will note though, JEMM pulled their DP for their wood frame project they were planning in Shaganappi recently, so maybe they are really scaling back their operations? Wonder if we will see this parcel go up for sale soon?

Doesn’t cost anything to maintain a DP though - if you are marketing a property for sale, seems like an active DP would be a good thing. It would make more sense to me that they are changing the project rather than shopping it.

The written decision is available. Super weird! Our local nutjub Ljubica Stubicar made a bunch of requests for adjournment, claimed various biases and procedural technicalities, all of which were rejected. The merit hearing went forward. The written decision doesn't detail what happened in the merit hearing, because JEMM ask to withdraw their application at their own accord and the SDAB cancelled their development permit.

Mysterious outcome, but nothing is going to happen on this one for at least 6 months.
Wow that Stubicar is a loon! Has she ever won an appeal? Very strange that the DP got pulled.

High quality renders
2021-06-LOLA-The-Hive-Final-06.jpg
2021-06-LOLA-The-Hive-Final-03.jpg
2021-06-LOLA-The-Hive-Final-01A.jpg
2021-06-LOLA-The-Hive-Final-05.jpg

Looks pretty good to me! Hopefully this breaks ground soon!

I pulled this off they're website, I have no idea if they changed anything

From HSCA just this morning, swooping in to answer my question...

"The recently submitted development permit (DP2021-7521) for The Hive in Sunnyside incorporates the following design advancements that have been developed during detailed design:

- Simplified exterior materials selections including fibre cement panels in 3 textures/colours and brick @ base.
- Selected new exterior palette with fresh, modern colours.
- Redesigned Elevations; window groupings break down scale vertically, south and north elevations have been redesigned.
- Placed mural location more prominently and integrated with building signage on the south elevation.
- Incorporated 5 Live/Work units with at-grade access along 9A street.
- Tucked bike/dog wash away from the loading zone.

Seems like a weird set of changes to come up with at the last minute, but there you go. Still 140 units total.

Back