The Hive | 27m | 9s | Jemm Properties | LOLA

IMG_4049.jpeg
IMG_4051.jpeg

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I found this great forum looking for some information about The Hive for my construction class. Anyone knows about the foundation? what type of foundation they used? raft foundation, end bearings or friction piles?

I would really appreciate any information you can give, thanks in advance

Reactions: AJX
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I found this great forum looking for some information about The Hive for my construction class. Anyone knows about the foundation? what type of foundation they used? raft foundation, end bearings or friction piles?

Check some of the older photos, there may be some showing the foundation pours, etc..

Reactions: AJX

Yes, I saw some pictures of the foundation process but is my 1st semester so I don't get the foundation type :(
They're just regular spread footings, I doubt anything this short would ever need a raft foundation unless it was on really poor soil.

As someone who recently finished many, many years of schooling: it's in your best interest to figure out how to find the answers to your own questions. Start with google, figure out your topics of interest, and determine a handful of essential textbooks to get familiar with. School libraries are excellent and free, or you can begin to build a reference library of your own with used textbooks online for very good prices. At your stage, focus on covering the breadth of your area of expertise with well-written books, doesn't matter if they're new. The difference between new and old books won't matter for a few years, as you don't learn about the differences anyway. Then just read as much as you possibly can, and focus on getting an internship near the end of your schooling.

Back