The Fifth | 17m | 5s | Arlington Street | NORR

You're right, the people inside probably hate natural light and being able to see outside....

It's a noisy area, but no worse than having the CP railroad in your backyard (SODO, Oliver, etc.)
There are only two bays in that punched opening that will be glazed. The third bay is, (if i'm reading the photos correctly), is actually a void open to the balconies facing 17th avenue. It's an
interesting approach I think.

For our climate, inset/protected balconies make sense. However, trashy cladding doesn’t.

20210819_164010.jpg
20210819_164001.jpg
20210819_164140.jpg
20210819_164129.jpg

An excellent selection of retail has leased at least 4 spaces. Cocktail bar, gelato/pizza spot, chicken/burger joint, and breakfast place. Stunning 💅🏽

5440E827-A342-44FA-A2F1-19107F08786E.jpeg
BF1A760D-43BD-45E5-8467-C058366C3A9A.jpeg
AAB8CE0C-8D92-4A60-B043-47E660A5C8B5.jpeg
429631A0-05A8-41CD-9B59-A951AEC6A43E.jpeg
8B814A34-D77E-43B0-98EA-4DCCDD372BCE.jpeg
3368820A-CFFF-4269-A19C-FD14CF1142E7.jpeg

In this recent interview, Arlington Ceo mentions that work on Fishman's development has already started! I don't recall seeing any activity on that site and tenant are still there!
"The first three developments have been started or completed. The National building was the first. Then came The Fifth. The third is the Fishman’s development site"

"'What’s noteworthy, given all the negativity around retail, what happened was when people saw the sign go up they kind of sat back and said ‘well I’m not sure these guys are going to build the building’. So we didn’t get a whole heck of a lot of traction,” said Lonardelli. “And the second we came out of the ground and we completed the main floor podium at 16 feet with concrete, people just started calling saying ‘holy cow you guys are actually doing this thing’."
In this recent interview, Arlington Ceo mentions that work on Fishman's development has already started! I don't recall seeing any activity on that site and tenant are still there!
"The first three developments have been started or completed. The National building was the first. Then came The Fifth. The third is the Fishman’s development site"

-Someones been reading our forum

Some good quotes in here:

"What happened was when people saw the sign go up they kind of sat back and said ‘well I’m not sure these guys are going to build the building’. So we didn’t get a whole heck of a lot of traction,” said Lonardelli. “And the second we came out of the ground and we completed the main floor podium at 16 feet with concrete, people just started calling saying ‘holy cow you guys are actually doing this thing’. - could easily reflect the conversation on this forum over the past few years on this site :)

"Of the almost 13,000 square feet of retail, we got 46,000 square feet of applicants." - sounds like big demand for good north sidewalk spaces

"Despite all the negativity surrounding retail throughout COVID, Lonardelli said Arlington has 100 per cent occupancy on all of its retail space along 17th Avenue. "A lot of the negativity around 17th had a lot to do with tenants going into leases they never should have gone into and landlords charging prices they should never have gone into and that’s a fatal combination.” - interesting comment.

"If you look at pedestrian traffic in any centre or any section within the centre of Calgary – Beltline or Downtown – there’s more people walking through or driving past this intersection in the urban marketplace than anywhere else in Canada." - I think he means in Calgary, which would be accurate.

Back