• Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
0-IMG_6737a.JPG

Attachments

• 0-IMG_6737a.JPG
    0-IMG_6737a.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 666
The park/riverpaths look great, but does zoning not allow for retail along the riverpath in this area? seems like a missed opportunity to not allow for a couple coffee shops/patios etc here or the new Waterfront development in Eau-Claire. Looks like we'll only get this experience in East Village.

The park/riverpaths look great, but does zoning not allow for retail along the riverpath in this area? seems like a missed opportunity to not allow for a couple coffee shops/patios etc here or the new Waterfront development in Eau-Claire. Looks like we'll only get this experience in East Village.
Yeah it would be so nice if there was a bit of retail in the area right around Concord, something like the resto at Central Memorial Park, or some kiosks like they have at the Eau Claire market water park. I was taking a downtown/Beltline stroll earlier today with @Daveography and we were both lamenting the absence of retail. My own thoughts are that it will possibly happen down the road as the area gets used more and more. The City has finally clued into the importance and viability of the river pathway system, now we just need the city to starting thinking outside the box, and not just thinking of it as concrete paths and benches.

That little building in the foreground is kind of odd, looks like it was there before they raised the street level many years back, but it doesn't seem that old.

It’s weird and a shame that they painted all of those concrete benches. The dark raw concrete looked really nice and now it’s just flat grey paint that probably won’t wear well.

The bottom one in the second photo is the last one to paint, which shows the difference.

Concorde fits in really well with the new park and pathway. Much better than I had expected.

It does, but I think it's still a miss that there's nothing public facing in the building itself. A nice little cafe or bistro with a patio facing the plaza/river would've been fantastic.

But unfortunately that's the case with almost the entire stretch of the riverwalk.

That little building in the foreground is kind of odd, looks like it was there before they raised the street level many years back, but it doesn't seem that old.

It is an old warehouse that held a printing press. In later years, it was an indoor parking facility. PBA purchased it and started redevelopment into a hotel. After the dot com crash and 9/11, PBA changed the plans to office. Raising of the street had already occurred, but I can't remember when. Definitely sometime in the mid 90's.

Bingo. We have an awesome river path system from the west side of downtown all the way to East Village, the only thing it’s missing is a few retail or restaurant options.
It does, but I think it's still a miss that there's nothing public facing in the building itself. A nice little cafe or bistro with a patio facing the plaza/river would've been fantastic.

But unfortunately that's the case with almost the entire stretch of the riverwalk.

Ian it me or are the final stages of construction going at a snails pace? It seems the exterior has remained the same for months. When will balcony glass go in and the blue plastic peeled off?

Ian it me or are the final stages of construction going at a snails pace? It seems the exterior has remained the same for months. When will balcony glass go in and the blue plastic peeled off?
It does seem like the pace is slow. On top of that they have a massive amount of interior work & finishing still to do.

Back